- Multi-Day Tours
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo 2 Days Experience: Savannah Cabins
1 Key Facts
- 1. One night accommodation
- 2. Zoo entry
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. Any optional extra items (including but not limited to rides / shows / encounters / experiences / photo packages) that are not included in the standard admission. All optional extra items are at own expense.
|Address||Obley Rd, Dubbo NSW 2830|
|How to get there||● By Car
－Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo is a 5-6 hour drive from Sydney, Canberra and Newcastle.
－Parking is located directly outside the Bilabong Camp compound.
● By Train
－Please check the Transport NSW timetables (https://transportnsw.info/) for more details to plan your trip.
－NSW TrainLink offers a range of regular coach and train services from regional NSW to Dubbo. Travel to Dubbo from Lightening Ridge, Bourke, Parkes, Orange and Bathurst.
－NSW TrainLink's daily return service from Central Station arrives in Dubbo.
|What to bring/wear||● Small overnight bag with personal towel & toiletries. No toothbrush, toothpaste, or slippers provided
● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Swimmers and towels if playing at The Waterhole
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Savannah Cabins is suitable for all ages. Children are welcome.
● Check in at 14:00 - 15:00; Check out at 10:00
● Guests are welcome to explore the Zoo prior to checking in and after checking out.
Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo 2 Days Experience: Savannah Cabins
For high quality self-contained accommodation in a unique location, look no further than the Savannah Cabins. Set on natural grassland just outside of the Zoo, the Savannah Cabins offer an affordable family retreat.
- Sleeps up to six people
- Bedroom One: Queen bed with ensuite
- Bedroom Two: Two singles (can be converted to King if requested at time of booking)
- Sofa bed, located in lounge area
- Air conditioning
- Fully contained kitchen with electric cooking hob, dishwasher, convection oven and refrigerator
- Outdoor dining area
- Free wifi and Foxtel
- Bedding, linen and towels included
- Daily house cleaning service
The Savannah Cabins provide guests with the freedom to stay the night and explore the Zoo during the day, or see what Dubbo and the surrounding region has to offer, with flexibility to come and go using your own vehicle. Altematively, guests can simply relax and take in the peace and tranullity of this unique setting.
The Waterhole coming soon
The Waterhole precinct is set to open just in time for the Easter school holidays. Check out the new open style café where you can enjoy a meal whilst watching the Meerkats forage as well as overlooking herd species such as Zebra, Camels and Blackbuck.
An exciting new water play area is also sure to be a hit with the kids, with an African waterhole theme featuring hippo and elephant sculptures and an array of automated jets. The water play will operate for the month of April, so be sure to being your kids swimmers come and check it out before it becomes a dry waterhole for the winter!
Plan your time at Taronga Western Plains Zoo and the Savannah Cabins by ordering a hamper in advance. Breakfast and dinner hamper packs as well as cheese platters are available. Orders can be placed in advance when booking, or up to 24 hours prior to your stay.
Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo was the first zoo in the world to have successfully bred cheetahs. Taronga supports Cheetah Conservation with the Cheetah Conservation Botswana (CCB), who conduct youth and adult education activities in remote rural areas where human-wildlife conflict is rife
Taronga is home to over 4,000 animals from over 350 species. Find out which of the favourite animals can visit at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
The Zoo is home to hundreds of rare and endangered animals including giraffes, rhinos, elephants and big cats.Tickets are valid for two consecutive days, giving you ample time to experience all that is on offer.
● If you cancel at least 37 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 36 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.