- Melbourne Ballarat Sovereign Hill Entry Ticket
1 Key Facts
- 1. Entry to Sovereign Hill
- 2. Entry to Gold Museum
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. Guided tours
|Address||Bradshaw St, Ballarat VIC 3350|
|How to get there||By Car -
Sovereign Hill is a comfortable 90-minute drive from Melbourne along the Western Highway (or only an hour from Melbourne Airport). Once in Ballarat, just follow the brown and white tourist signs to Sovereign Hill. Free parking available.
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
- Before leaving home, check https://sovereignhill.com.au/ for the latest updates and information.
- We may require our visitors to participate in non-invasive health checks as a condition of entry. Any person who is displaying a high temperature associated with fever will not be permitted into the museum.
- If you feel unwell or have any cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and visit another day.
- Please note that the below shops are NOT yet open to the public:
● Red Hill Photography room
● Operating hours may change due to maintenance, improvements or safety reasons. Please always check with the Service Provider visit their official website for updated information regarding scheduled maintenance and closures before purchasing, and when closer to travel date to plan your visit.
Since opening in November 1970, Sovereign Hill has become an Australian tourism icon, winning many major tourism awards. Today, Sovereign Hill attracts some 450,000 visitors each year and is known world wide as a living museum with a strong emphasis on working machinery and exhibits, costumed interpreters and visitor participation.
Melbourne Ballarat Sovereign Hill Entry Ticket
Australia's foremost outdoor museum, Sovereign Hill re-creates Ballarat's first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1851 when thousands of international adventurers rushed to the Australian goldfields in search of fortune.
By day, Sovereign Hill is where Australia's history comes to life! It's just like stepping back in time - from the hustle and bustle of Main Street where costumed ladies and gents parade their new-found wealth, to the excitement of the Red Hill Gully Diggings where you can pan for real gold and it's yours to keep!
At Sovereign Hill, you can see a spectacular $160,000 gold pour, venture underground on a fully-guided gold mine tour or catch a horse-drawn coach and tour the town. Go shopping 1850s-style and visit hotels, schools and a theatre with goldfields entertainers. See steam-driven machinery in action and chat with the wheelwrights, candlemakers and confectioners as they ply their trades. On the streets and in the theatre, you will be entertained by costumed goldfields characters who are happy to pose for a great photo.
Sovereign Hill never stands still! There is always something new to see and do. Their commitment to product improvement, authenticity and value-for-money family entertainment has established Sovereign Hill as an internationally renowned cultural tourism attraction and a regular winner of tourism and museum industry awards.
The Gold Museum extends Sovereign Hill's story of Ballarat - a majestic provincial city built on the wealth derived from the great Australian gold rushes of the 1850s. An impressive glass-fronted building with commanding views, the Gold Museum offers an award-winning gift shop specialising in the sale of gold nuggets and Australian-made gold jewellery and fine giftware. Discover the beauty and power of gold as you view an impressive and valuable collection of gold nuggets, alluvial deposits, priceless gold artefacts and gold coins. 'Ballarat: Inspired by Gold' is a major exhibition presenting the story of Ballarat from its earliest days through to European settlement and the amazing impact of the gold rushes.
Sovereign Hill attracts some 450,000 visitors each year and is known world wide as a living museum with a strong emphasis on working machinery and exhibits, costumed interpreters and visitor participation.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If no show, no refund.