- Ballarat, Melbourne
- Melbourne Ballarat Sovereign Hill Entry Ticket
1 Key Facts
- 1. Entry to Sovereign Hill
- 2. Entry to Gold Museum
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. Guided tours
|Address||Bradshaw St, Ballarat VIC 3350|
|How to get there||● By Car
Located approximately 116km west of Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, takes about 1.5 hours; approximately 116km west of Melbourne Federation Square, takes about 1.5 hours.
- Free Onsite parking available
Sovereign Hill is a comfortable 90-minute drive from Melbourne along the Western Highway. Once in Ballarat, just follow the brown and white tourist signs to Sovereign Hill.
● By Public Transport
Please check the Public Transport Victoria timetables (https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/) for more details to plan your trip.
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
- Before leaving home, check https://sovereignhill.com.au/ for the latest updates and information.
- Some experiences will not be available due to government restrictions, such as mine tours and the gold pour demonstration.
- Much loved activities such as the troopers and red coats, panning for gold in the diggings, and coach rides, will all be available, but with some changes.
- Some sites and programs of the Sovereign Hill Museum are still temporarily closed to the public until further notice, such as Gold Museum and Red Hill.
- Sovereign Hill has an obligation to check and record the identification of all visitors to the museum. Physical identification will be required at entry to the museum and Sovereign Hill will refuse entry to those who reside in metropolitan Melbourne.
- On-site payments will be conducted via contactless bank card.
● Operating hours may change due to maintenance, improvements or safety reasons. Please always check with the Service Provider visit their official website for updated information regarding scheduled maintenance and closures before purchasing, and when closer to travel date to plan your visit.
- All roads and paths are gravel. There is some uneven ground.
- Main Street at Sovereign Hill is a gentle slope; however, other areas of the site are quite steep. All roads are accessible by wheelchair, but some visitors could find the gravel surfaces difficult to manage.
- Parts of Sovereign Hill have wide bluestone gutters between the timber boardwalks and gravel roads. Ramps for crossing the gutters are highlighted on the free Wheelchair & Stroller visitor map, which is available on entry.
- Due to operational requirements, restrictions on motorised and non-motorised wheelchairs apply.
- Occupants of wheelchairs must be accompanied by a capable carer or companion.
- Wheelchair and other accessibility requirements must be notified at the time of booking.
- Wheelchairs and other mobility equipment will not be operated by The Sovereign Hill Museums Association staff.
Since opening in November 1970, Sovereign Hill has become an Australian tourism icon, winning many major tourism awards. Today, Sovereign Hill attracts some 450,000 visitors each year and is known world wide as a living museum with a strong emphasis on working machinery and exhibits, costumed interpreters and visitor participation.
Melbourne Ballarat Sovereign Hill Entry Ticket
Australia's foremost outdoor museum, Sovereign Hill re-creates Ballarat's first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1851 when thousands of international adventurers rushed to the Australian goldfields in search of fortune.
By day, Sovereign Hill is where Australia's history comes to life! It's just like stepping back in time - from the hustle and bustle of Main Street where costumed ladies and gents parade their new-found wealth, to the excitement of the Red Hill Gully Diggings where you can pan for real gold and it's yours to keep!
At Sovereign Hill, you can see a spectacular $160,000 gold pour, venture underground on a fully-guided gold mine tour or catch a horse-drawn coach and tour the town. Go shopping 1850s-style and visit hotels, schools and a theatre with goldfields entertainers. See steam-driven machinery in action and chat with the wheelwrights, candlemakers and confectioners as they ply their trades. On the streets and in the theatre, you will be entertained by costumed goldfields characters who are happy to pose for a great photo.
Sovereign Hill never stands still! There is always something new to see and do. Their commitment to product improvement, authenticity and value-for-money family entertainment has established Sovereign Hill as an internationally renowned cultural tourism attraction and a regular winner of tourism and museum industry awards.
The Gold Museum extends Sovereign Hill's story of Ballarat - a majestic provincial city built on the wealth derived from the great Australian gold rushes of the 1850s. An impressive glass-fronted building with commanding views, the Gold Museum offers an award-winning gift shop specialising in the sale of gold nuggets and Australian-made gold jewellery and fine giftware. Discover the beauty and power of gold as you view an impressive and valuable collection of gold nuggets, alluvial deposits, priceless gold artefacts and gold coins. 'Ballarat: Inspired by Gold' is a major exhibition presenting the story of Ballarat from its earliest days through to European settlement and the amazing impact of the gold rushes.
Sovereign Hill attracts some 450,000 visitors each year and is known world wide as a living museum with a strong emphasis on working machinery and exhibits, costumed interpreters and visitor participation.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.