1 Key Facts
- 1. Bruny Island Wilderness Cruise
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Morning Tea, Lunch, or Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. Return ferry transfer from Kettering to Bruny Island
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
*Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point: 1005 Adventure Bay Road, Adventure Bay, Bruny Island
● Departure Time: 11:00 all year round and additional 10:00 and 13:30 departure from 16 Dec to 28 April
|Address||Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS 7000 Australia|
|How to get there||By Car -
From Hobart, you'll need to drive 45 minutes south to the Bruny Island Ferry Terminal in Kettering. We suggest arriving at the ferry terminal 30 minutes prior to the ferry departure. The ferry is charged by per vehicle. Passengers in all vehicles and pedestrians travel free of charge. Full details regarding the ferry including timetable and prices, please visit their official website:https://www.sealinkbrunyisland.com.au/ferry . The ferry crossing takes 20 minutes and once you're on Bruny Island, Adventure Bay is a 35 minute drive south.
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive at the ticket office 30 minutes prior to the departure time to exchange for ticket/boarding pass before proceeding to the boarding terminal|
|What to bring/wear||● Motion-sickness medicine (if required)
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Comfortable shoes
● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months. Make sure you dress warmly for the cruise - warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended.
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● No food or beverage served on board
● Food is not included in the tour. Alternatively, you can upgrade your day to Bruny Island Full Day Tour from Hobart which includes morning tea and lunch
● To catch 10:00 Cruise, please catch 07:30, 08:00, or 08:30 Ferry from Kettering. To catch 11:00 Cruise, please catch 08:30, 09:00, or 09:30 Ferry from Kettering. To catch 13:30 Cruise, please catch 11:30 or 12:00 Ferry from Kettering.
● Please confirm with your hire car company whether there are any restrictions to travel on Ferry/Barge. Alternatively, you can always join our Kettering Bus Pick Up Service.
Bruny Island 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise
Winner of Australia's Best Tourist Attraction 2012, 2014 and 2015
Bruny Island Cruises is an award-winning 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise exploring the rugged coastline of Bruny Island in southern Tasmania.
Cruise alongside some of Australia's highest sea cliffs, beneath towering crags and drift up close to listen to the awesome 'Breathing Rock'. Enter deep sea caves, pass through the narrow gap between the coast and 'The Monument' and feel the power of nature at the point where the Tasman Sea meets the might of the Southern Ocean.
Join in the search for the abundant coastal wildlife such as seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds. The highly trained interpretive guides love what they do - they work hard to ensure that the experience is fun, enjoyable, entertaining and informative.
The custom-built yellow boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife of Bruny Island. Each vessel holds a maximum of 43 guests. Covered open-air tiered seating means an excellent all-round view and connection with the environment. The boats are safe, comfortable and gentle on the environment due to their fuel efficiency, low emission and quiet operation.
Incredible Encounters with Wildlife
Keep a close lookout for sea eagles soaring above the cliffs, pods of dolphins surfing the bow wave, albatross wheeling on the wind and shearwaters skimming the swells. At the Friars, guests will drift quietly past rare nesting seabirds and a large haul-out home to thousands of seals.
- Cruise alongside some of Australia's highest sea cliffs
- Listen to the awesome 'Breathing Rock'
- Enter deep sea caves
- Pass through the narrow gap between the coast and 'The Monument'
- Feel the power of nature at the point where the Tasman Sea meets the might of the Southern Ocean
- Search for the abundant coastal wildlife such as seals, dolphins, whales and sea birds
Bruny Island Cruises provides an unforgettable wilderness cruise along Bruny Island's rugged coast, southern Tasmania.
Join in the search for the abundant coastal wildlife such as seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds.
The custom-built yellow boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife of Bruny Island
Each vessel holds a maximum of 43 guests. Covered open-air tiered seating means an excellent all-round view and connection with the environment
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.