1 Key Facts
- 1. Zipline Eco-Tour ticket
- 2. Admission to the Treetop Walk
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Address||182 Knights Hill Rd, Knights Hill NSW 2577|
|How to get there||Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures is located on top of the Illawarra Escarpment, on the South Coast on NSW, about 2 hours drive south of Sydney. Unfortunately there are no direct public transport options to the Illawarra Fly.|
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the attraction 30 minutes before your scheduled Zipline Tour start time to allow enough time to check in. Failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months. Bear in mind that even over the summer months it may be cool up in the tree canopy. Singlets, skirts will not be suitable attire for the full body harness. On rainy days come prepared for the tour wearing wet weather jackets (pants recommended too)
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes. Any shoe that has an “open toe or heal” - including sandals, thongs, heels - are not permitted
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Child Policy
Must be at least 4 years of age and a minimum 105cm tall. When a child is between 105cm-120cm, regardless of age, they will need to Zipline as a “Tandem” with an adult due their size. Children that are taller than 125cm and over 25kg must Zipline independently, not as a “Tandem”.
All children under 13yrs need to be accompanied on the tour by an adult. Children between 13-18yrs, who can abide by the safety rules, are able to Zipline without
adult supervision, however their waiver MUST be signed by a parent/guardian over the age of 18yrs and the parent/guardian MUST attend the safety briefing and remain onsite for the tour duration. This decision will always be at the Tour Guides discretion.
● Loose Items
There are to be no loose items take on the Zipline tour, however you can hire GoPros for a fee. GoPro hire includes a sim card with unedited footage which will be copied to a USB stick for you to take home. You can wear sunglasses or glasses. You can take your own phone or compact camera as long as it has a strap, or you can purchase a Dri-Pouch for a fee, which has a strap to carry your phone. Anything that you wear (jewellery, watches, glasses, sunglasses) or decide to bring (mobile phones, wallets, keys, cameras, GoPros, asthma inhalers or other medical requirements) on tour are completely at your own risk. If anything falls out of your pocket or you drop anything whilst using it, unfortunately it cannot be recovered from the forest floor.
● Complimentary Lockers
The Visitor Centre has complimentary secure lockers for all of your loose items as they are not permitted on the Zipline Tour. This includes mobile phones, wallets, keys and sunglasses.
● Tours will continue to operate in all weather conditions.
● The Zipline Eco-Tour has been designed for persons of good health, that are comfortable of the thought of being at heights, have a reasonable degree of physical ability and a capacity to understand and adhere to basic safety instructions (including understanding English or have a translator on the tour with them).
● Medical Conditions
The Tour has not been designed for persons;
- Who are beyond the first trimester of pregnancy (risk of abdominal trauma).
- Who suffer from vertigo or extreme fears of heights.
- Who have heart conditions.
- Who are legally blind, missing limbs or have other limiting disabilities.
- Who have ankle, knee, hip injuries that can be exacerbated by performing the landings we require of them (reclined seated position to full weight standing, similar to arriving to the top of a chairlift when snow skiing).
- Who have spinal (including neck) or any other physical conditions that can be exacerbated by harness pressure, twisting or bending, strong/awkward landings
An individual should seek medical advice from their doctor should there be any doubt as to their ability to safely accommodate any stresses associated with the Zipline Tour.
● Maximum Weight
Maximum weight restriction for any single adult or the combined weight of the child and adult as a “Tandem” is 117kg (fully clothed)
● You will be required to sign a declaration and waiver on site before the tour
● Please check with The Service Provider for up to date opening hours and current exhibits when closer to travel date to plan your visit
Zipline Adventure at Illawarra Fly
Zipline Tour is a unique eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in the magnificent Southern Highlands rainforest. Officially the highest Zipline tour in Australia, the Illawarra Fly Zipline Tour involves flying on a series of elevated cable spans and navigating suspension bridges from one platform to another, connected by tree platforms called 'cloud stations', and continuously attached to a steel cable suspended up to 35 metres above the forest floor.
Participants will soar through the trees and learn about the growing and vibrant forest whilst capturing unparalleled views of everything from the forest floor, into the canopy and a glimpse out to the Pacific Ocean. This exciting experience is guided by trained and experienced Zipline tour guides who control all departures and arrivals.
You will need to have 1.5hrs in your day to be able to participate in the Zipline Tour, this is from the time your tour is scheduled to start to your return to the Visitor Centre, as the course consists of 3 cabled Ziplines and 2 cabled Suspension Bridges tucked amongst our beautiful Rainforest.
If you choose to participate in the Treetop Walk (included in the price), you will need to allocate 2.5 hours in your day.
The gentle walk commences on the rainforest floor and continues onto the steel walkway and into the rainforest canopy offering a unique experience that captures the beauty of the regions native fauna and flora. The walkway culminates in Knights Tower, a spiral tower that rises to a breathtaking 45 metres above the forest floor. Then there's the thrills and challenges of two confronting swaying springboard cantilevers suspended 25 metres above the forest floor which take guests to the edge of the escarpment. Most visitors spend around an hour enjoying the treetop walk.
- The llawarra Fly Treetop Walk Is one of only four steel canopy walks in the world
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop walk is 500 metres long with an average height of 25 metres
- Knights Tower is 45 metres high
- The Treetop walk has a 280km/hr wind speed design
- The cantilevers can hold a maximum weight of 28 tonne or 800 wombats!
- The Treetop walk holds an average of 400kg/m2
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is located on 40 acres of private land.
- The Illawarra Fly Zipline Tour is officially the highest zipline tour in all of Australia, elevating you up to 35 metres above the forest floor.
- This exciting adventure is guided by trained and experienced zipline tour guides.
- The whole zipline experience can take up to 2.5 hours as it includes the self-guided Treetop Walk for you to enjoy the forest from a different perspective
- The Treetop Walk has an average height of 710 metres above sea level
- The Treetop Walk weighs over 160 tonnes, the equivalent of a Blue Whale!
- The Treetop Walk has a soft environmental footprint. It was built on an existing fire trail resulting in no trees being cut down during construction.
- The Treetop Walk was built in 6 months by 6 men!
Zipline Tour is a unique eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in the magnificent Southern Highlands rainforest.
Participants will soar through the trees and learn about the growing and vibrant forest whilst capturing unparalleled views of everything from the forest floor, into the canopy and a glimpse out to the Pacific Ocean
Officially the highest Zipline tour in Australia, the Illawarra Fly Zipline Tour involves flying on a series of elevated cable spans and navigating suspension bridges from one platform to another, connected by tree platforms called 'cloud stations', and continuously attached to a steel cable suspended up to 35 metres above the forest floor.
This exciting experience is guided by trained and experienced Zipline tour guides who control all departures and arrivals.
The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is a 1.5km walk through beautiful warm temperate rainforest with 500 metres of steel walkway nestled in the treetop canopy some 20-30 metres above the ground.
The walkway culminates in Knights Tower, a spiral tower that rises to a breathtaking 45 metres above the forest floor.
The gentle walk commences on the rainforest floor and continues onto the steel walkway and into the rainforest canopy offering a unique experience that captures the beauty of the regions native fauna and flora.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.