1 Key Facts
- Treetop Walk at Illawarra Fly
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. Zipline Tour
|Address||182 Knights Hill Rd, Knights Hill NSW 2577|
|How to get there||Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures is located on top of the Illawarra Escarpment, on the South Coast on NSW, about 2 hours drive south of Sydney. Unfortunately there are no direct public transport options to the Illawarra Fly.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||Please check with The Service Provider for up to date opening hours when closer to travel date to plan your visit|
Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk
The gentle walk commences on the rainforest floor and continues onto the steel walkway and into the rainforest canopy offering a unique experience that captures the beauty of the regions native fauna and flora. The walkway culminates in Knights Tower, a spiral tower that rises to a breathtaking 45 metres above the forest floor. Then there's the thrills and challenges of two confronting swaying springboard cantilevers suspended 25 metres above the forest floor which take guests to the edge of the escarpment. Most visitors spend around an hour enjoying the treetop walk.
- The Treetop Walk can withstand winds of up to 280kmh, is 472 metres long, has an average height of 710 metres above sea level and weighs over 160 tonnes, the equivalent of a Blue Whale!
- The Treetop Walk has a soft environmental footprint. It was built on an existing fire trail resulting in no trees being cut down during construction.
- The Treetop Walk was built in 6 months by 6 men!
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is a 1.5km loop track. The Steel canopy structure is 500 metres long with an average height of 25 metres
- Knights Tower is 45 metres high
- The cantilevers can hold a maximum weight of 28 tonne or 800 wombats!!
- The Treetop Walk holds an average of 400kg/m2
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is located on 40 acres of private land.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.