- Aida at Sydney Opera House A Reserve
Aida at Sydney Opera House A Reserve
Aida at Sydney Opera House (19Jun-21Jul 2023)
- Approximately 2 hours and 50 minutes (including one interval)
- Free Cancellation prior to 14 days of travel date
- 24 Working Hours Confirmation
- Best available seat(s) at A Reserve (Show Only)
1 Key Facts
- Best available seat(s) at A Reserve (Show Only)
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||Performance venue: Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House
Performance running time: approximately 2 hours and 50 minutes, including one interval (duration is a guide only and may be subject to change.)
Language: sung in Italian with English surtitles
Performance runs: 19 June to 21 July 2023
Performance starting time: 12:00/19:30 (performance starting time depends on performance date)
|Address||Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House|
|How to get there||● By Public Transport -
You can catch public transport (bus, train, ferry) to Circular Quay and enjoy a 6 min walk to the Opera House.
● By Car -
There is an onsite public car park available at Sydney Opera House. This car park is charged by the hour.
|Check-in requirements||● Tickets will be available for collection from the Box Office at Sydney Opera House one hour before the performance.
● Please bring and present a photo ID bearing the name used for booking to collect your tickets at the box office.
● Guests are recommended to arrive early to avoid rushing. Ushers will close the doors at show time and may not allow latecomers in until there is a suitable pause in the performance. And it cannot be refunded or transferred.
● If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in.
|What to bring/wear||● While it is fun to dress up for the opera, there is no mandatory dress code. An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theatre.
● All ticketholders must present their bags and personal belongings for visual inspection or x-ray screening by Sydney Opera House security staff before entering the venue as a safety precaution and condition of entry. Valid photo ID must be presented to purchase a drink from the theatre bar.
● To avoid delays, please leave anything larger than an A4 sheet of paper at home.
● Larger items – including handbags bigger than A4-size, backpacks, umbrellas, suitcases and prams – are not permitted inside the venues and must be cloaked.
|Other info||● Latecomers
For the comfort and convenience of all patrons, latecomers can only be admitted into the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance. Suitable breaks vary between operas and may not be until the first interval. If a suitable break prior to interval is identified, latecomers may not be seated in their ticketed seats, rather in an area adjacent an entrance, where minimal disruption will be caused to seated attendees. This is at the discretion of venue staff. Ticket refunds or exchanges are not available on the basis of late arrival. It is strongly recommended that you plan the journey to ensure you arrive at the venue well in advance of the scheduled performance commencement.
● Seat Selections and Allocations
Your reservation is confirmed in booked Reserve with random seat(s) assigned within the area. Your allocated seat number will be shown on the ticket issued by the Box Office at Sydney Opera House.
● Photos and Videos
Cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue's auditorium. Mobile telephones, pagers and so forth must be turned off before entry into the venue's auditorium.
● Food and Drinks
No food or drink is allowed in this event.
● This production of Aida contains partial nudity and a bright lighting effect.
● Child Policy
All attendees, regardless of age, must hold a valid ticket to be admitted to the auditorium. This includes children and infants who must have their own seat, and cannot sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. We ask that parents and guardians consider the comfort and enjoyment of other audience members if bringing infants and small children to performances.
It is not recommended for children under 8 years old. Persons aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
For the safety and security of all patrons, prams or baby capsules of any description cannot be taken into the auditorium. Aisles, stairways and stairwells must be kept clear at all times.
*For the latest updates during the post-Covid period, please refer to
Aida at Sydney Opera House
A rebellion is brewing on Egypt's borders, and for both the oppressor and the oppressed, loves and loyalties are about to be tested.
Egypt needs a hero to lead their army, and the High Priest has chosen Radamès. Egypt's fortunes will turn on his sword, but Radamès has a higher purpose. Through victory in battle, he hopes to win the hand of the beautiful slave girl Aida — handmaiden to the princess Amneris, and secretly, an Ethiopian princess.
Aida is torn between her love for the Egyptian hero and her despair for the country he must march against — her homeland.
And the Princess Amneris, who also desires Radamès, is beginning to have suspicions that her hero might prefer her slave…
As Radamès returns to Egypt in triumph, Aida is greeted with a terrible sight — her father Amonasro, the King of Ethiopia, is among the slaves.
Just when all seems lost, the King of Egypt deals another blow: promising the triumphant Radamès his daughter Amneris' hand.
On the banks of the Nile, the lovers arrange to meet one last time.
But the conquered Ethiopian King has a plan to save his country. Aida has to make a devastating choice.
In the darkness, the King's plan, Aida's conflicted heart and Radamès' steadfast love collide in a devastating finale.
● If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
● If you cancel between 0 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
● If no show, no refund.