- Blue Mountains, Sydney
- Blue Mountains Jenolan Caves Tours: Orient Cave
Blue Mountains Jenolan Caves Tours: Orient Cave
- Blue Mountains, Sydney
- 1 hour (approx.)
- 48 Working Hours Confirmation
- Guided tour of Orient Cave
1 Key Facts
- Guided tour of Orient Cave
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Destination||Blue Mountains, Sydney|
|Depature point||● Departs: daily, all year round
Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point: Jenolan Caves (Address: 4655 Jenolan Caves Rd, Jenolan NSW 2790)
● Departure Time: 09:30 (approx.)
Times may vary without notice due to operational reasons or government restrictions.
● Arrives back at approximately 10:30
|Address||4655 Jenolan Caves Road, Jenolan Caves NSW 2790|
|How to get there||● By Car
Jenolan Caves located approximately 186km west of Sydney Airport, takes about 2 hours 50 minutes; approximately 74km west of Katoomba, takes about 1 hour 20 minutes; approximately 158km west of Parramatta, takes about 2 hour 30 minutes.
If you are following a GPS or Google maps, their timings are often inaccurate. Allow an extra half an hour on top of its estimated arrival time.
Fuel is NOT available at Jenolan. The closest fuel is available at Oberon (30km) or Mt Victoria (55km). Please plan to buy fuel on your way to the caves.
- Free Onsite parking available
● By Public Transport
Unfortunately there is no direct public transport available. Most visitors drive or arrive on a coach tour. If you do not drive, please book one of the day tours that visits Jenolan Caves.
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point /departure point at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. On school holidays or long weekends/public holidays, you may need to arrive up to an hour early. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Wear comfortable, non-slip walking shoes. High-heels and 'flip-flops' are unsuitable.
● Do not overdress. It is 15 degrees Celcius in the cave, all year.
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
- If you feel unwell, please remain at home and get tested.
- Please bring your own sanitation supplies, and practice good hygiene.
- Please wear a face mask.
- For contact tracing, the Service Provider will record your details, and retain them for 28 days.
- Please provide names and contact details of all members of your group, at Covid-19 check-in, either at reception or at Chisolm's restaurant upon arrival.
- Cave tours are limited to the 4 square metre rule, throughout the cave, and there will have limited the number of guests per tour in line with this:
Imperial Cave - maximum 10 people
Chifley Cave - maximum 10 people
Lucas Cave - maximum 15 people
Orient Cave - maximum 6 people
Temple of Baal Cave - maximum 8 people
● Fitness level: average
● Stair steps: 358
● Length: 470 metres
● When you book more than 1 cave tour, leave at least 30 minutes between, in case of delays.
● This cave tour is an all weather activity.
● Use the public toilets, before joining your cave tour, as there are no toilets inside any of the caves.
● On any cave tour, please:
- Listen carefully to your tour guide, and obey all instructions.
- Do not stray from your tour group, even if your have your own light.
- Do not touch any rock or crystal, as the invisible oil on your skin permanently damages the irreplaceable cave crystal.
- Do not smoke, as fumes damage the cave crystal.
- Do not eat or drink, as food particles attract life forms, such as animals, birds, bacteria and fungi, which are foreign to the caves and harm the fragile environment. You may take a bottle of water with you.
- Do not litter. Please use the rubbish bins in the Grand Arch and near the Guides Office.
- When you aim your camera flash in the dark, please consider other visitors' eyes.
- Cameras are welcome. However, do not bring a camera tripod or a selfie stick into any cave, other than the Grand Arch or the Devil's Coach House cave.
- Do not bring baby prams, camera tripods, monopods, selfie sticks.
- Baby backpacks are not recommend - front carriers are safer.
● Above ground, to help protect the environment and for your own safety:
- Do not feed native animals and birds, as they can become sick from food that is not part of their natural diet.
- As Jenolan Caves is part of a huge nature reserve, birds and animals wander freely, in their natural habitat around the caves. They are wonderful to watch. However, the Service Provider does not 'own' them, and they are NOT TAME. If you approach, touch or feed them, no responsibility are accepted if you are bitten or otherwise injured.
- Do not bring pets to Jenolan.
- Put all your litter in rubbish bins, or take it away with you.
- Do not climb on any rocks in or around the caves or the hotel.
- When bush walking, stay on marked paths.
● To ensure that you enjoy your Jenolan visit:
- Use the public toilets, before joining your cave tour, as there are no toilets inside any of the caves.
- Park your vehicle in the designated car parks only.
- Allow sufficient time to do your selected cave tour plus the complimentary self-guided tour of the Devil's Coach House Cave/Nettle Cave.
- Check the signboard opposite the Guides Office, for special events and other announcements.
[Blue Mountains Jenolan Caves Tours] Orient Cave
A Dazzling Cave
The Orient Cave is gorgeous! The visual impact of its huge and richly decorated chambers will astonish you.
In 2008, the Orient was upgraded using the latest lighting technology, enabling you to see them as they have never been seen before.
The environmentally friendly lighting system uses minimal power and minimises heat output, conserving the sensitive cave environment.
The Orient Cave is more spectacular than ever, and better protected for future generations to enjoy.
- Stair steps: 358
- Length: 470 metres
- Fitness level: average
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.