- Day Trips
- Bay of Fires, Launceston
- Bay of Fires Full Day Tour Departs from Launceston
1 Key Facts
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Coach tour
- 3. Professional commentary
- 4. Oyster tasting
- 1. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 2. Souvenirs
- 3. Travel Insurance
|Destination||Bay of Fires, Launceston|
|Depature point||● Departs*:
- Season 1 (01 April－31 August): Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Season 2 (01 September－31 March): Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December), Good Friday (10 April 2020)
● Departure Point: Cornwall Square Transit Centre, Launceston
● Departure Time^: 08:30
^ Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included before departure time. Must be pre-booked.
● Arrives back at approximately 18:30
|How to get there||Complimentary transfer from/to selected hotels included. Please indicate the name of your hotel at the point of booking - the most convenient pick-up location and time will be advised in your booking confirmation.|
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time at your booked pick up location. There might be 5-10 minutes delay depends on the traffic on the day. If you think the pick is late or you are not being picked up, please call The Service Provider and quote your confirmation number to double check.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Tour
－Maximum of 10 passengers allowed on this tour.
－Legerwood and Pyengana are time permitting.
－Lunch at own expense.
● Child Policy
－It is Tasmanian law that infants occupy a seat
－Infants travelling on a Public Day Tour aged between 0-3 will be given an allocated seat and be seated in a Child Restraint Seat subject to availability.
－Child Restraint Seats will be available for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 travelling on a Public Day Tour must be seated in an allocated seat and wear a seat belt.
－Booster Seats are available as an option for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 must not travel in the first two rows of the coach on a Public Day Tour.
－Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
－State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. The service provider is not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
－Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
－The service provider is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
－The service provider is not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
－Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
－Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. The service provider reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
－Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
－Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available.
－Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
－The service provider is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair.
－No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any service provider's vehicle.
－Smoking is not permitted on any service provider's vehicle.
－The service provider reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
－Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
－To the extent permitted by law, service provider reserves is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage.
－The service provider is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on service provider's vehicle and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
－The service provider recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
－Pending tide conditions on the river, the cruise may need to go in the opposite direction.
－The service provider reserves the right to modify or cancel tours and bookings leading up to and on the day of travel due to road, weather or other operational needs warranted at the time and will always be in the best interest and safety of all clients.
Bay of Fires Full Day Tour Departs from Launceston
Bay of Fires
So named by Captain Tobias Furneaux in 1773 because of numerous fires of the Aboriginal people along the coast, the Bay of Fires extends from Binalong Bay to Eddystone Point. With one of the most stunning seascapes in Tasmania, the combination of white beaches, orange-hued granite rocks and turquoise-coloured ocean is simply jaw-dropping scenery. Get your camera ready for a photographic workout!
- Leaving Launceston, enjoy the rolling green hills and fertile farm land of the north eastern countryside, passing through quaint towns including Lilydale
- Bridestowe Lavender Farm (home to Bobbie Bear)
- The commercial lavender is only in full flower December/January, but there is normally different varieties of flowering lavender near the gift shop all year round.
- Have a quick stop in Scottsdale at the award winning Cottage Bakery for lunch supplies to enjoy at the Bay of Fires
- Time permitting, you may be able to visit the tree carvings at the town of Legerwood* before taking a short walk through moss covered trees and ferns in the Myrtle Rainforest Walk on the Welborough Pass.
- Pass through the tin mining towns of Branxholm and Derby
- Cheese Tasting at Pyengana*
- Arriving at one of the prettiest places in Tasmania, view the granite rocky outcrops covered with orange lichen that jut out into the ocean to separate a large collection of hidden beaches - this is the Bay Of Fires
- You will call into Binalong Bay for a beach experience, then Harbour Point for great photo opportunities, and also a beach walk along the remote Taylor's Beach
- After your beach experience, sample fresh oysters straight from the farm at Lease 65
- View fishing boats in St. Helens
- A chance to purchase seasonal fruit and ice-cream from Eureka's Fruit Farm
- Head south to St Mary's Pass where you head inland to pass through the contrasting grazing lands of the Fingal Valley and Northern Midlands
- Coal mining towns of Fingal and Avoca
- Finish your day back in Launceston with memories of this pristine and unique area of Tasmania
Departing from Launceston, travel amongst rainforests and farmlands of North East of Tasmania and enjoy a picnic lunch in an idyllic setting.
So named by Captain Tobias Furneaux in 1773 because of numerous fires of the Aboriginal people along the coast, the Bay of Fires extends from Binalong Bay to Eddystone Point.
Crystal azure blue waters with pristine white beaches and outcrops of orange lichen covered granite rocks, the scenery at the Bay of Fires is simply breathtaking.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.