1 Key Facts
- 1. Produce samples
- 2. Wine tastings
- 3. Includes 2 course Italian lunch
- 4. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 1. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 2. Souvenirs
- 3. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December), New Year's Day (01 January)
● Departure Point: Discovery Melbourne (Address: 167 Franklin St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
● Departure Time^: 07:55
^ Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included before departure time. Must be pre-booked.
● Arrives back at approximately 17:30
|Address||42 MACAULAY STREET WILLIAMSTOWN NORTH VIC 3016 AUSTRALIA|
|How to get there||Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included. Please indicate the name of your hotel at the point of booking - the most convenient pick-up location and time will be advised in your booking confirmation.|
|Reconfirmation requirements||Please be advised you are required to contact The Service Provider 24 hours prior to the travel date during business hours to reconfirm your booking, pick up location and time, and departure time with your confirmation number. Please adjust your travel plan according to the details given by The Service Provider at time of reconfirming.|
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time at your booked pick up location. There might be 5-10 minutes delay depends on the traffic on the day. If you think the pickup is late or you are not being picked up, please call service provider and quote your confirmation number to double check.|
|What to bring/wear||● Valid Photo ID (a valid passport, Australia drivers licence, or Australia proof of age card)
● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Minimum age 18 years and over. It is against the law to sell or supply liquor to anyone under the age of 18 years old in Australia. Travellers who are 18 years old and over are required to bring a valid photo ID (a valid passport, drivers licence, or proof of age card) which can prove your age when travelling
● Guests must at all times abide by state and federal laws regarding lawful drinking practices (e.g. Responsible Service of Alcohol). Service of alcohol may be refused to persons deemed intoxicated.
● For the duration of the tour you are responsible for your own behaviour; uncontrollable and disruptive drunken behaviour will not be tolerated any person deemed unruly or disruptive will be removed from the tour and will not be entitled to any refund. Do not drive after this tour, we unfortunately cannot accept any responsibility for your ability to get home once the tours finish. At all times, the decision of the Service Provider's tour leader or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the tour.
Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tours Departs from Melbourne
- Gourmet Produce Tasting at Gateway Estate Farmhouse
- Delicious chocolate samples at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-creamery
- Generous samples of Ciders and Ales at Napoleone Brewery and Cider House
- Two course Italian Style lunch at Killara Estate Winery
- Handpicked Boutique Cellar Door Tasting
With just less than an hour drive from Melbourne, Yarra Valley has been in the business of producing and delivering world-class wines for over seventeen decades. The region's proximity to the city makes it a favourite Melbourne wine tours destination. Highlights of our Yarra Valley wine tasting tours include the stunning views of the region, wine tastings at two renowned wineries and one cider ale brew house experiencing the rustic charm and picturesque orchards
followed by indulging in free samples from a chocolate factory. You can also try some local produce from a gourmet farmhouse.
The wines of Yarra Valley are simply sensational. They're artistically crafted to deliver a brilliant front to back finish on the palate. The different varieties of wine ranging from dry to red to sparkling will make your day at the Yarra Valley all worth it.
Understand the mystery and the secret hidden underneath the soil that grows the best vines that produced world-class wines. Australian wine is truly the best in the hemisphere because the fertility gods and cool climate made them so!
- Gateway Estate
This Melbourne wine tour commences with a visit to Gateway Estate that used high tech hydroponic greenhouse to grow strawberries and capsicums. Learn some lessons about sustainable farming techniques employed by the farmhouse. At the estate, you can share some platters of fresh fruit and seasonal produce. You can pick strawberries from the farm and sample their strawberry liqueurs, preserves, and cheeses. Fruit picking has an extra cost though.
- Napoleone Cider
The next destination is the rustic cellar door of Napoleone Cider and Brewery House. Have free samples of their ciders and ales. The brewery is at the heart of the Yarra Valley. They create cider from their fruit orchards located on the property.
- Hand Selected Boutique Winery
Visit and taste the wines Hanrahan Winery or Punt Road Winery and sample a variety of quality wines in their boutique cellar door.
- Killara Estate
On the upper side of Yarra Valley is the Killara Estate Winery. There you can enjoy Italian inspired wines. Then head into their restaurant to enjoy a 2-course Italian banquet lunch. Have fun and enjoy the amazing views of the valley.
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie
Prior to hitting the road back to Melbourne, stop at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery that offered more than 250 different varieties of handcrafted chocolates and truffles.
*Reference Only. Subject to change without notice. Itineraries may operate in reverse order, in a different sequence, be swapped around, or in rare circumstances be replaced by other best suited items to suit times & conditions.
|07:40||Departs from Melbourne|
|09:15||Gateway Estate (local produce tastings plus strawberry liqueurs and ports)|
|10:00||Napoleone Cider House and Brewery (sample 3 ciders + 1 ale)|
|11:00||Hanrahans Winery (sample award-winning wines and browse the gift shop)|
|12:15||Killara Estate Winery (wine tasting with a view followed by Italian inspired lunch)|
|14:00||Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-Creamery (free chocolate for everyone!)|
|17:00||Arrive to Melbourne|
● If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.