- Port Stephens
- Port Stephens 1 Hour Quad Bike Adventure Tour
1 Key Facts
- 1 hour quad bike tour
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December), New Year's Day (01 January）
● Departure Point: Murrook Culture Centre (Address: 2163 Nelson Bay Road, Williamtown NSW Australia 2318)
● Departure Time^: 09:30, 11:00, 13:00, 14:30
^ Departure times are reference only and subject to availability.
|Address||2163 Nelson Bay Rd, Williamtown NSW 2318|
|How to get there||● By Car
Murrook Culture Centre – 2163 Nelsons Bay Road, Williamtown (Port Stephens) New South Wales.
It is an easy 2 ½ hour drive on the freeway from the Sydney CBD or 1 hour 45 minutes from the start of the Sydney Newcastle M1 Freeway.
Heading towards Nelson Bay and 2.4km from Newcastle Airport turn off or if you are driving from Nelson Bay it is 31 kilometers from Victoria Parade.
● By Public Transport
Unfortunately there is no direct public transport available. Most visitors drive or arrive on a coach tour.
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point /departure point 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Long pants - the motor can get very hot and would protect your leg from getting burnt
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion
● sunglasses - Stockton beach has white sand and can get very glary on your eyes as you are riding along.
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Minimum 2 people for the tour to operate.
● Minimum age for riding is 7 years of age.
● Children rates are 7 to 13 years. An Adult must accompany children on the kids track in the lower dune area and this is conducted slow for safety.
● Children under 18 years may participate on tour with written parental consent.
● All participants must wear a helmet.
● All participants must follow the instructions of the guide.
● All participants must travel at speed that is deemed safe and reasonable to the tour and; as is set by the Guide, to ensure safety.
● All participants must follow the tour guide in a single tag-a-long file line spaced approximately 5 to 6 bike lengths apart.
● All participants must take responsibility to become aware of the features of the ATV prior to the ride, including location of brakes, throttle, and ignition switch.
● Absolutely no drugs or alcohol.
● All participants must sign a liability waiver.
● Service provider reserves the right to cancel or change tours due to inclement weather, safety reasons, insufficient bookings or events beyond our control.
● Refunds are not offered but tours may be rescheduled at an alternative date.
● Guests are responsible for the equipment they use.
● A signed credit card imprint is required to cover potential damages should you damage the quad bike.
Port Stephens 1 Hour Quad Bike Adventure Tour
No experience necessary. On tour you will:
- Learn the basics of quad bike riding, including safe ATV handling and riding techniques.
- Be taken for an unforgettable journey through bushland
- Immerse yourself in coastal wilderness.
- Experience Stockton Beach.
There will be 1 Guide per 5 people so most groups have two guides, one out the front leading you around and one as a tail end to make sure no one gets left behind. You leave the staging area and ride over maintained tracks through coastal grassland and scrub to get to the dunes. The guide will then take you over more and more challenging sand dunes, up and down. The large sand dunes can be from 40-100 feet high.
All quad bike tours are conducted in a tag-a-long (single file) format, with each rider instructed to leave a safe distance (5-10m) between themselves and the bike in front. Clients are instructed to stay in the riding line (tracks) of the person in front of them and not to veer off on their own track or ride erratically (no overtaking and no side by side riding).
Clear and simple hand signals are demonstrated and provided by the lead guide. Clients are provided with a riding helmet and hi-Vis safety vest.
Live the adventure that promises you a Quad Riding experience like no other on the biggest bikes over the biggest dunes!
Experience the magnificence of the Worimi Sand Dunes on Stockton Beach, riding safely from bush to beach with the expert guides.
● If you cancel at least 37 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
● If you cancel between 0 and 36 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
● If no show, no refund.