- Day Trips
- Richmond Highlights Half Day Tour Departs from Hobart
1 Key Facts
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Coach touring
- 1. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 2. Souvenirs
- 3. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs*:
- Season 1 (01 November－30 April): Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays
- Season 2 (01 May－31 October): Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point: Gray Line Terminal (Address: Brooke Street Pier, Hobart TAS 7000)
● Departure Time^: 13:10
^ Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included before departure time. Must be pre-booked.
● Arrives back at approximately 17:00
|How to get there||Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included. Please indicate the name of your hotel at the point of booking - the most convenient pick-up location and time will be advised in your booking confirmation.|
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time at your booked pick up location. There might be 5-10 minutes delay depends on the traffic on the day. If you think the pick is late or you are not being picked up, please call The Service Provider and quote your confirmation number to double check.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Child Policy
－It is Tasmanian law that infants occupy a seat
－Infants travelling on a Public Day Tour aged between 0-3 will be given an allocated seat and be seated in a Child Restraint Seat subject to availability.
－Child Restraint Seats will be available for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 travelling on a Public Day Tour must be seated in an allocated seat and wear a seat belt.
－Booster Seats are available as an option for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 must not travel in the first two rows of the coach on a Public Day Tour.
－Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
－State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. The service provider is not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
－Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
－The service provider is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
－The service provider is not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
－Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
－Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. The service provider reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
－Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
－Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available.
－Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
－The service provider is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair.
－No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any service provider's vehicle.
－Smoking is not permitted on any service provider's vehicle.
－The service provider reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
－Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
－To the extent permitted by law, service provider reserves is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage.
－The service provider is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on service provider's vehicle and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
－The service provider recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
－Pending tide conditions on the river, the cruise may need to go in the opposite direction.
－The service provider reserves the right to modify or cancel tours and bookings leading up to and on the day of travel due to road, weather or other operational needs warranted at the time and will always be in the best interest and safety of all clients.
Richmond Highlights Half Day Tour Departs from Hobart
Situated in an exceptionally stunning location at the foothills of Mt Wellington, Hobart has a heritage charm mixed with a contemporary lifestyle. It is the capital of the island state of Tasmania and is Australia's southernmost and second oldest capital city after Sydney. Relish in the city's captivating history, stunning architecture, rugged mountains, scenic water views and gastronomic delights.
- Head out the Brooker Highway passing North Hobart and New Town
- Derwent Entertainment Centre
- Richmond - one of Australia's most unique and historic towns dating from the 1820s
- Stroll across the Richmond Bridge - Introduce yourself to the local ducks, as they forage for good under the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia
- Also set in this idyllic location is the oldest operating Catholic Church
- Perhaps visit Richmond Gaol - operational from 1826
- Taste some Coal Valley region wines and local produce (own expense), shop or just relax.
- Whatever you choose there's plenty of time to explore the village, it's quaint cottages, unique shops, galleries and restaurants.
- Excellent photo opportunities all round!
Nowhere else in Tasmania is the romance and nostalgic charm of the colonial days more alive than in the beautiful setting of Richmond.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.