- Kuranda Koala Gardens and Birdworld Kuranda Combo Tickets
1 Key Facts
- Entry to Kuranda Koala Gardens and Bird World. Both attractions open 10am-4pm, closed on Christmas Day 25 December.
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Address||Heritage Markets, Rob Veivers Drive, Kuranda 4871|
|How to get there||Both 【Kuranda Koala Gardens】 and 【Birdworld Kuranda】 are located in the Kuranda Heritage Markets on Rob Veivers Drive, Kuranda.
● By Car
Located approximately 30km north of Cairns city centre, takes about 35 minutes; approximately 29km south of Palm Cove, takes about 35 minutes.
- Outside Kuranda Heritage Markets (Limited spots)
- Parking fees may apply
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Kuranda Koala Gardens】
● From 01 April 2021, Koala holding photos are available at Kuranda Koala Gardens but with very limited numbers. Koala patting photos, Python photos, wildlife photos are also available every day. Please check with the staff on the day and get in the queue early to avoid disappointment.
● In entering these premises you do so voluntarily and entirely at your own risk, including any risk to minors or anybody under your control.
● Children aged 4 - 15 years must be accompanied and actively supervised by a responsible adult at all times within the park.
● The owners reserve the right to vary the opening hours without prior notice, restrict access to particular areas of the facilities and/or cancel presentations due to severe weather conditions, safety or other operational issues.
● Children must be accompanied and actively supervised by a responsible adult at all times within the park.
● Please do not bring any food or drink into the flight aviary. Items can be left at reception if required.
● The birds are friendly. Very friendly! Many of them enjoy physical contact with visitors and can be incredibly curious. Parrots have powerful beaks for cracking hard seed pods. They are also ideal for removing jewellery. Please remove all loose items from your person, including ear rings, hats, watches and sunglasses and stow them safely away until outside the aviary.
【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
* Kuranda Koala Gardens
- Koala Holding, Koala Pat and Python Photos are available now (All photos are guests' own expenses). Session times are 11:30, 12:30 & 13:30 for Koala Holding, 11:00 & 14:30 for Koala Patting and Python Photos are available 11:00 to 14:30. (Times are reference only)
- Wildlife Keeper presentations/talks have recommenced. Nocturnal Wonders 10:30 and Marsupial Presentation 14:00. (Times are reference only)
- Please refer to https://www.koalagardens.com/covid-info for the latest updates during the post-Covid period.
* Birdworld Kuranda
- Please refer to https://www.birdworldkuranda.com/covid-info for the latest updates during the post-Covid period.
Kuranda Koala Gardens is Kuranda's newest wildlife attraction! Situated in the heart of Kuranda, this attraction gives you the opportunity to see some of Australia's most unique wildlife up close.
Birdworld Kuranda is one of Australians largest collections of free flying birds and the giant rainforest cassowary. Over 350 birds roam freely in their beautiful rainforest habitat. Flying around you are species from the vanishing rainforests of the world, including some of Australia's most precious and beautiful birds.
Kuranda Koala Garden and Birdworld Kuranda Combo Tickets
Kuranda Koala Garden
Kuranda Koala Gardens is a boutique wildlife attraction, showcasing some of Australia's amazing, native animals. Koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, freshwater crocodiles and more.
- Eastern Grey Kangaroos
- Red-Legged Pademelons
- Long nosed Potoroos
- Blue Tongue Lizard
- Freshwater Crocodiles
- Long-Necked Turtle
- White-lipped Tree Frog
- Ringtailed Possum
There are brilliant Amazonian macaws, the endangered cassowary, cheeky rainbow lorikeets, vibrantly coloured parrots, galahs, cockatoos and many more. Most birds have regular contact with humans, and as a result are very tame so don't be surprised to find a feathered friend taking a ride on your shoulder!
Naturally landscaped with waterfalls, ponds, exotic and native plants, Birdworld replicates the natural habitats of almost 60 species that roam this unique rainforest immersion exhibit. It is truly a photographer's delight and is sure to delight bird enthusiasts, families and nature lovers.
Safe Interaction Guideline
As part of the commitment and concern for your safety, please read and acknowledge the following safety, interaction and feeding guidelines that apply within the flight aviary.
- The birds are friendly. Very friendly! Many of them enjoy physical contact with visitors and can be incredibly curious. Parrots have powerful beaks for cracking hard seed pods. They are also ideal for removing jewellery. Please remove all loose items from your person, including ear rings, hats, watches and sunglasses and stow them safely away until outside the aviary.
- If a bird lands on your shoulder please do not make any sudden moves or loud noises. It may scare the bird, which may dig in with its claws and flap its wings in order to keep its balance. Once their curiosity is satisfied, the birds will usually fly off by themselves. If a bird is unusually "sticky" and has worn out its welcome, seek assistance from the staff.
- Umbrellas are available at reception for those guests who would rather admire the birds from afar. Please use them responsibly. Umbrellas can scare birds and be hazardous to other visitors.
- Bird poo on the shoulder, or even in the hair, is a badge of honour here at Birdworld! It does not stain clothes and is easily removed with a damp cloth when fresh or with a stiff brush when dried.
- Any outstretched finger pointed at a bird's head is usually an open invitation for a bite!
- Help to care for the birds. Please do not bring any food or drink into the flight aviary. Items can be left at reception if required.
- In the interest of hygiene it is always a good idea to wash your hands thoroughly after interacting with wildlife. Handwash gel is available at reception and at the toilets.
Kuranda Koala Gardens is a delightful, award winning venue where visitors can see and experience Australia's most popular wildlife in a lush rainforest oasis.
Situated in the heart of Kuranda, this attraction gives you the opportunity to see some of Australia's most unique wildlife up close.
One of the smallest species of macropod, Quokkas are known as the happiest animal in the world due to their smiley faces and friendly personalities.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.