- Day Trips
- Russell Falls Full Day Tour Departs from Hobart
1 Key Facts
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Admission to Salmon Ponds
- 3. Entry to Mt Field National Park
- 4. Morning tea
- 1. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 2. Souvenirs
- 3. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs*: Tuesdays, Thursdays
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point: Gray Line Terminal (Address: Brooke Street Pier, Hobart TAS 7000)
● Departure Time: 09:15
^ Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included before departure time. Must be pre-booked.
● Arrives at approximately 16:00
|How to get there||Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included. Please indicate the name of your hotel at the point of booking - the most convenient pick-up location and time will be advised in your booking confirmation.|
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time at your booked pick up location. There might be 5-10 minutes delay depends on the traffic on the day. If you think the pick is late or you are not being picked up, please call The Service Provider and quote your confirmation number to double check.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Child Policy
－It is Tasmanian law that infants occupy a seat
－Infants travelling on a Public Day Tour aged between 0-3 will be given an allocated seat and be seated in a Child Restraint Seat subject to availability.
－Child Restraint Seats will be available for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 travelling on a Public Day Tour must be seated in an allocated seat and wear a seat belt.
－Booster Seats are available as an option for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 must not travel in the first two rows of the coach on a Public Day Tour.
－Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
－State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. The service provider is not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
－Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
－The service provider is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
－The service provider is not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
－Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
－Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. The service provider reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
－Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
－Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available.
－Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
－The service provider is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair.
－No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any service provider's vehicle.
－Smoking is not permitted on any service provider's vehicle.
－The service provider reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
－Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
－To the extent permitted by law, service provider reserves is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage.
－The service provider is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on service provider's vehicle and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
－The service provider recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
－Pending tide conditions on the river, the cruise may need to go in the opposite direction.
－The service provider reserves the right to modify or cancel tours and bookings leading up to and on the day of travel due to road, weather or other operational needs warranted at the time and will always be in the best interest and safety of all clients.
Russell Falls Full Day Tour Departs from Hobart
Located in the Central Highlands within Mt Field National Park, Russell Falls is a delightful walk that will take you through mixed forest of towering swamp gums, dogwood and myrtle trees. The falls themselves are a tiered cascade waterfall and are framed by striking tree ferns. Established boardwalks and walking trails allow for easy access to the beautiful falls.
- As you leave Hobart and follow the Derwent River into the beautiful Derwent Valley keep a look out for native birds along the shores of the river before arriving at New Norfolk - the heart of this valley of tiny towns and agriculture
- Pass through the hop fields of Bushy Park
- Visit the Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
- Enjoy a complimentary morning tea
- Perhaps feed the trout and salmon
- Visit the Museum - all this set amidst historic surrounds within the original and stunning English parklands
- Arriving at Mt Field National Park start with an easy walk through a canopy of rainforest and fern glades to view crystal clear waters and the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Soak up the serenity and atmosphere of majestic tall tree ferns providing a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Lunch (at your own expense) can be enjoyed in the park
- Return to Hobart alongside the Derwent River crossing Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran manufacturing firm
- There may be an opportunity to purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls (seasonal)
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.