- Brisbane River Cruise Return Cruise
1 Key Facts
- Return River Cruise (approximately 45 minutes each way)
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. Entry to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December), ANZAC Day (25 April), Annual Maintenance
● Departure Point: Cultural Centre Pontoon (Address: Cultural Centre Boardwalk, South Brisbane QLD 4101)
● Depart Cultural Centre Pontoon^: 10:00
^ Departure time is reference only and subject to availability
● Depart Lone Pine: 14:15
● Arrives back Cultural Centre Pontoon at approximately 15:30
|Address||Cultural Centre Pontoon (located on the Boardwalk outside the Queensland Art Gallery/GOMA Cultural Precinct at Southbank, Brisbane QLD)|
|How to get there||● On foot (walking)
Make your way to South Bank and walk along the river on the Board Walk to the front of State Library of Queensland (other side of South Bank and the Victoria Bridge). There you will see the Cultural Centre Pontoon.
● By Car
Located approximately 3km west of Brisbane CBD, takes about 10 minutes; approximately 16km southwest of Brisbane Airport, takes about 25 minutes; approximately 102km north of Gold Coast Airport, takes about 2 hour 5 minutes.
- Performing Arts Carpark (Address: 8 Melbourne St, South Brisbane QLD 4101), approximately 5 minutes walk
- Merivale Street Parking (Address: 15A Merivale St, South Brisbane QLD 4101), approximately 5 minutes walk
- Parking fees apply
● By Public Transport
The closest Train Station is South Brisbane Station
The closest Bus Stop is Cultural Centre Bus Station
- By Bus
Catch a bus that travels on the busway. Get off at the Cultural Centre bus station, South Brisbane and head towards the State Library of Queensland. Make your way to the River front and onto the board walk.
- By Train
Catch the train to the South Brisbane stop. Head towards the State Library of Queensland and make your way to the River front and onto the board walk.
Please check the Transport QLD timetables (https://translink.com.au/) for more details to plan your trip.
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point /departure point 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Motion-sickness medicine (if required)
● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Concession rate applies to:
- Pensioners with valid Australian Pensioners Card.
- Seniors aged 65 years and over with valid Australian or overseas ID to prove age.
● Students rate apply to 14-17 years old or Students with valid Australian or Overseas Student ID
● Concession/pensioners and students need to present card on boarding.
● The boat is accessible to wheelchairs however there are 28 steps to get from the boat to Lone Pine.
● Operating hours may change due to maintenance, improvements or safety reasons. Please always check with the Service Provider visit their official website for updated information regarding scheduled maintenance and closures before purchasing, and when closer to travel date to plan your visit
Brisbane River Cruise Return Cruise
This popular Brisbane river cruise has been taking locals and visitors to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for over 70 years and is a "must do" experience while in Brisbane. Brisbane River Cruise is the perfect way to get up close and personal with Australia's cuddliest creatures while enjoying the sights and sounds of Brisbane's most attractive waterfront suburbs, only accessible by boat.
- You'll board your boat in Brisbane's Southbank district and leave the city behind on a relaxing cruise to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Convenient departure place – right in the heart of Brisbane city.
- Enjoy an informative commentary from your captain as you glide along Brisbane's waterfront, passing from the bustle of the city's skyscrapers to leafy suburbs with waterside mansions.
- Arriving at Lone Pine*, you can have 3 hours to explore the world's largest koala sanctuary, with more than 130 Koalas on site. (*Entry ticket is at own expense)
- Relaxing return journey on the ultra-modern cruise boat.
SCHEDULE OF TIMES*
* Times may vary without notice due to operational reasons or government restrictions.
Cruise Duration: 70 Minutes (approximately).
- 10:00 Depart Cultural Centre Pontoon
- 11:15 Arrive Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- 14:15 Depart Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- 15:30 Arrive Cultural Centre Pontoon
Please note – There are 28 stairs to climb from the boat to the entry gates at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
This relaxing and enjoyable cruise on the Brisbane River is a great way to travel to and from Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
This popular Brisbane river cruise has been taking locals and visitors to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for over 70 years and is a "must do" experience while in Brisbane.
You'll board your boat in Brisbane's Southbank district and leave the city behind on a relaxing cruise to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Enjoy an informative commentary from your captain as you glide along Brisbane's waterfront, passing from the bustle of the city's skyscrapers to leafy suburbs with waterside mansions.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
● If no show, no refund.