- Musical at the Sydney Opera House - The Phantom of the Opera A Reserve
Musical at the Sydney Opera House - The Phantom of the Opera A Reserve
The Phantom of the Opera - Musical at Sydney Opera House
- Approximately 2 hours 30 minutes (including one interval)
- Free Cancellation prior to 14 days of travel date
- 24 Working Hours Confirmation
- Best available seat(s) at A Reserve (Show Only)
1 Key Facts
- Best available seat(s) at A Reserve (Show Only)
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||Performance venue: Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House
Performance running time: approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, including one interval (duration is a guide only and may be subject to change.)
Performance runs: 19 August to 16 October 2022
Performance starting time: 13:00/14:00/15:00/ 19:30 (performance starting time depends on performance date)
|Address||Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House|
|How to get there||● By Public Transport -
You can catch public transport (bus, train, ferry) to Circular Quay and enjoy a 6 min walk to the Opera House.
● By Car -
There is an onsite public car park available at Sydney Opera House. This car park is charged by the hour.
|Check-in requirements||● Tickets will be available for collection from the Box Office at Sydney Opera House one hour before the performance.
● Please bring and present a photo ID bearing the name used for booking to collect your tickets at the box office.
● Guests are recommended to arrive early to avoid rushing. Ushers will close the doors at show time and may not allow latecomers in until there is a suitable pause in the performance. And it cannot be refunded or transferred.
● If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in.
|What to bring/wear||● While it is fun to dress up for the opera, there is no mandatory dress code. An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theatre.
● All ticketholders must present their bags and personal belongings for visual inspection or x-ray screening by Sydney Opera House security staff before entering the venue as a safety precaution and condition of entry. Valid photo ID must be presented to purchase a drink from the theatre bar.
● To avoid delays, please leave anything larger than an A4 sheet of paper at home.
● Larger items – including handbags bigger than A4-size, backpacks, umbrellas, suitcases and prams – are not permitted inside the venues and must be cloaked.
|Other info||● Latecomers
For the comfort and convenience of all patrons, latecomers can only be admitted into the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance. Suitable breaks vary between operas and may not be until the first interval. If a suitable break prior to interval is identified, latecomers may not be seated in their ticketed seats, rather in an area adjacent an entrance, where minimal disruption will be caused to seated attendees. This is at the discretion of venue staff. Ticket refunds or exchanges are not available on the basis of late arrival. It is strongly recommended that you plan the journey to ensure you arrive at the venue well in advance of the scheduled performance commencement.
● Seat Selections and Allocations
Your reservation is confirmed in booked Reserve with random seat(s) assigned within the area. Your allocated seat number will be shown on the ticket issued by the Box Office at Sydney Opera House.
● Photos and Videos
Cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue's auditorium. Mobile telephones, pagers and so forth must be turned off before entry into the venue's auditorium.
● Food and Drinks
No food or drink is allowed in this event.
● This production of The Phantom of the Opera contains themes of violence and horror.
● Child Policy
All attendees, regardless of age, must hold a valid ticket to be admitted to the auditorium. This includes children and infants who must have their own seat, and cannot sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. We ask that parents and guardians consider the comfort and enjoyment of other audience members if bringing infants and small children to the Opera.
It is not recommended for children under 10 years old. Persons aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
For the safety and security of all patrons, prams or baby capsules of any description cannot be taken into the auditorium. Aisles, stairways and stairwells must be kept clear at all times.
- For the latest updates during the post-Covid period, please refer to
Musical at the Sydney Opera House - The Phantom of the Opera
Hit after hit punctuates the thrilling score, from the stunning romance of "Music of the Night", "Think of Me" and "All I Ask of You" to the splendid "Masquerade" and brilliant title song.
Now, you can hear them all in a spectacular new production that has stunned critics across the United Kingdom and North America. It features a new direction by Laurence Connor, brand new scenic design by Paul Brown, lighting design by Tony Award®-winner Paule Constable, sound design by Mick Potter, new choreography by Scott Ambler and the original, Tony Award-winning costume design by Maria Björnson.
Overseen by Cameron Mackintosh & Matthew Bourne, the "simply epic" new staging includes many special effects, from the famous chandelier to the underground lake, and a large cast and orchestra. Its "bigger and better than ever before" (Yorkshire Post), "stunning, intense and spectacular" (Sunday Express).
The Phantom of the Opera haunts the catacombs beneath the Paris Opera House. He's man and mystery, a deformed genius. And in Christine Daae, he's found his angel of music: the young woman he would make a star. But how many lives will he sacrifice to make the music of the night?
● If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
● If you cancel between 0 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
● If no show, no refund.