- Yarra Valley
- Zoos Victoria: Healesville Sanctuary Entry Ticket
1 Key Facts
- Entry to Healesville Sanctuary
- 1. Transport from/to hotel
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Address||Badger Creek Road, Healesville VIC 3777|
|How to get there||By Car -
Take the Eastern Freeway out of Melbourne, then drive east along Maroondah Highway through Ringwood and Lilydale to Healesville. Turn right into Badger Creek Road, just past the township centre. From there, road signage will guide you to the Healesville Sanctuary car park.
By Public Transport -
Catch a train from the Melbourne city centre to Lilydale Railway Station, travelling on the Lilydale line. From Lilydale Railway Station you need to catch bus 685 to Healesville, and then a connecting bus (686 towards Badger Creek) will take you to Healesville Sanctuary.
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
- Everyone, including babies, must have an online ticket before visiting
- Service provider will require the visitors contact details (name, email and phone number) to be provided
- If you're unwell, please rest up at home
- Keeper talks and encounters will not be running
● Children under 16 receive FREE entry on weekends, Victorian Public Holidays and Victorian Government School Holidays
- Alpine She-oak Skink
- Barking Owl
- Black Kite
- Black-breasted Buzzard
- Black-headed Python
- Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby
- Eastern Bearded Dragon
- Guthega Skink
- Helmeted Honeyeater
- Lace Monitor
- Leadbeater's Possum
- Long-billed Corella
- Mountain Pygmy-possum
- Northern Corroboree Frog
- Orange-bellied Parrot
- Red Kangaroo
- Red-tailed Black Cockatoo
- Spotted Tree Frog
- Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
- Tasmanian Devil
- Water Rat
- Wedge-tailed Eagle
Attractions and Exhibits
- Kangaroo Country Celebrate the most iconic of Australian species... the Kangaroo! Meet the mob in the brand new Kangaroo Country exhibit open now!
- Australian Wildlife Health Centre The Australian Wildlife Health Centre treats more than 1,500 sick and injured native animals every year. Our hospital team also conducts cutting-edge research into conservation medicine, clinical wildlife medicine and wildlife rehabilitation, and plays an important role in wildlife disease surveillance. Visit the Centre to meet our wonderful vets and nurses and watch them at work treating sick, injured or orphaned wildlife.
- Spirits of the Sky Daily at Healesville Sanctuary. Discover Australia's majestic birds of prey and magnificent parrots in this this spectacular daily show, free with general admission. Who rules the sky? Parrots, by their sheer numbers - or birds of prey, as skilled predatory hunters? Watch and make up your own mind.
- Tales from Platypus Creek Daily at Healesville Sanctuary. Think the Platypus is a shy and reclusive creature? Think again! Tales from Platypus Creek lets you see Platypus as they have never been seen before. Come face-to-face with Healesville Sanctuary's most iconic species in a world-first interactive Platypus show. Observe Platypus as they interact with keepers, play in the water and even enjoy having their tummies tickled!
- Cool Conservation Cool Conservation gives visitors the chance to see breeding programs in action for two of our threatened alpine species; the Mountain Pygmy-possum and Southern Corroboree Frog. Land of Parrots Get up close to Australia's best-loved birds in this spectacular walk-through aviary.
- Dingo Country Dingo country, a dramatic rocky high country exhibit, offers you the chance to observe dingoes up close, and learn about their complex history.
- Animals of the Night Enter the dark and secret world of Mountain Pygmy-possums, Bilbies, Bandicoots, Gliders, Lord Howe Stick Insects, and many more mysterious creatures of the night.
- Fighting Extinction Headquarters Calling all Extinction Fighters! Visit our Fighting Extinction Headquarters - mission control for Zooperman - to discover which animals need your help. Zooperman, our very own super-hero, will brief you on your secret mission in a fun, interactive experience. You'll be given an endangered species identity along with a special superpower in order to fight wildlife extinction.
- Future Vets In the heart of the Australian Wildlife Health Centre our Future Vets play space is inspiring kindness in kids through caring for animals in our mini wildlife hospital.
- Kids' Nature Play Bring your kids to experience an exciting new nature play space at Healesville Sanctuary. Kids' Nature Play will provide an engaging and interactive space for children to learn while having fun.
- Koala Forest Journey along the boardwalk through the Manna Gums of the Koala Forest exhibit at Healesville Sanctuary! Celebrate Australia's most iconic species - the Koala. You can see more koalas than ever before in the new exhibit when you weave your way around the treetops and perch on platforms for the best views.
- Connection to Country Healesville Sanctuary is home to sites of great Aboriginal cultural significance and we understand the privilege and importance of being entrusted as custodians of Traditional Country.
Talks and Shows*
*Reference Only. Subject to change without notice
|12:00, 15:00||Spirits of the Sky||
In Spirits of the Sky, held at Healesville's renowned flight arena, our birds show off the skill we envy and admire the most - their ability to fly. Watch birds of prey and brightly coloured parrots as they take to the skies in a fast-paced show.
|Open all day. Presentation times: 11:00, 13:30||Visit the Wildlife Hospital||
Our wildlife hospital is a real-life working hospital where you'll get a rare insight into the team and their patients. Listen to daily talks on animal care.
|11:15 weekdays and 11:15, 13:30pm weekends, school and public holidays||Tales from Platypus Creek||
Think the Platypus is a shy and reclusive creature? Think again! Tales from Platypus Creek lets you see Platypus as they have never been seen before.
|Open 10:00 - 16:00 daily||Animals of the Night||
Ever wondered what happens at night in the animal world. Venture into our new-look Nocturnal House to meet our tiny Mountain Pygmy-possum, Eastern Barred Bandicoot, Numbat and Lord Howe Stick Insect.
Meet the Keeper at wombats and find out about this popular aussie animal. Learn the secrets of the wombat world and enjoy great wombat viewing in their new exhibit.
Taking place inside Kangaroo Country, meet some reds and greys, and learn some amazing facts about one of Australia's most iconic marsupials.
|11:30||Tasmanian Devils talk||
Tasmanian Devils are critically threatened in the wild. Learn about their plight and our successful breeding program.
Head to the RACV Lyrebird aviary to meet these masters of mimicry
|13:30||Koala Forest talk||
Meet the ultimate tree huggers of the world. Our keepers will take you on a journey through Koala Forest. Fall in love with Koalas and their forest home and find out how you can help us to make sure forests will always be in our future
Unravel the story of the Dingo in Australia by visiting Dingo Country and listening in to a Keeper Talk, where you will also see some of our beautiful dingoes
The Sanctuary is committed to fighting wildlife extinction and offers visitors the opportunity to come close up to unique Australian animals in a stunning bushland setting.
Healesville Sanctuary is one of Australia’s most loved tourist attractions and the best place in Victoria to see and interact with native Australian wildlife.
The Australian Wildlife Health Centre treats more than 1,500 sick and injured native animals every year.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If no show, no refund.