- Great Opera Hits at the Sydney Opera House A Reserve
1 Key Facts
- Best available seat(s) at A Reserve (Show Only)
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||Performance at Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House
Performance runs: 01 January - 27 October 2019
Session times may vary on different dates.
|Address||Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House|
|How to get there||● By Public Transport -
You can catch public transport (bus, train, ferry) to Circular Quay and enjoy a 6 min walk to the Opera House.
● By Car -
There is an onsite public car park available at Sydney Opera House. This car park is charged by the hour.
|Check-in requirements||Tickets will be available for collection from the Box Office at Sydney Opera House one hour before the performance. Please bring and present a photo ID bearing the name used for booking to collect your tickets at the box office. Printing or presenting a voucher will not be required.|
|What to bring/wear||● While it is fun to dress up for the opera, there is no mandatory dress code. An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theatre.
● All ticketholders must present their bags and personal belongings for visual inspection or x-ray screening by Sydney Opera House security staff before entering the venue as a safety precaution and condition of entry. Valid photo ID must be presented to purchase a drink from the theatre bar.
● To avoid delays, please leave anything larger than an A4 sheet of paper at home.
● Larger items – including handbags bigger than A4-size, backpacks, umbrellas, suitcases and prams – are not permitted inside the venues and must be cloaked.
|Other info||● Latecomers
For the comfort and convenience of all patrons, latecomers can only be admitted into the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance. Suitable breaks vary between operas and may not be until the first interval. If a suitable break prior to interval is identified, latecomers may not be seated in their ticketed seats, rather in an area adjacent an entrance, where minimal disruption will be caused to seated attendees. This is at the discretion of venue staff. Ticket refunds or exchanges are not available on the basis of late arrival. It is strongly recommended that you plan the journey to ensure you arrive at the venue well in advance of the scheduled performance commencement.
● Seat Selections and Allocations
Your reservation is confirmed in booked Reserve with random seat(s) assigned within the area. Your allocated seat number will be shown on the ticket issued by the Box Office at Sydney Opera House.
● Photos and Videos
Cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue's auditorium. Mobile telephones, pagers and so forth must be turned off before entry into the venue's auditorium.
● Food and Drinks
No food or drink is allowed in this event.
● Child Policy
All attendees, regardless of age, must hold a valid ticket to be admitted to the auditorium. This includes children and infants who must have their own seat, and cannot sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. We ask that parents and guardians consider the comfort and enjoyment of other audience members if bringing infants and small children to the Opera.
Persons aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
For the safety and security of all patrons, prams or baby capsules of any description cannot be taken into the auditorium. Aisles, stairways and stairwells must be kept clear at all times.
Great Opera Hits at Sydney Opera House
These relaxed concerts take place on afternoons as the sun sets across Sydney Harbour, and last around 90 minutes.
Listen to famous arias from Bizet, Puccini, Rossini and Verdi performed by some of Opera Australia's finest opera singers, accompanied by piano.
- ROSSINI 'Largo al factotum' from The Barber of Seville
- BIZET 'Habanera' from Carmen
- BIZET Toreador Song from Carmen
- BIZET 'Au fond du temple saint' from The Pearlfishers
- PUCCINI 'Vissi d'arte' from Tosca
- PUCCINI 'E lucevan le stelle' from Tosca
- DELIBES Flower Duet from Lakmé
- PUCCINI 'Nessun dorma' from Turandot
Approximately 90 minus with one interval
*Event duration is a guide only and may be subject to change.
Spoken in English | Sung in various languages | No surtitles
● If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.