- Kangaroo Island
- Kangaroo Island 75 Minute Safari Depart from Kangaroo Island
1 Key Facts
- 1. A 75 minutes coastal cruise
- 2. Commentary
- 3. Sunscreen, binocular, spray jackets, and life jackets
- 1. Transport from/to Kangaroo Island hotels/Cape Jervis/Adelaide
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
* Tour is weather permitting and excluding dates that Cruise Ships are in Penneshaw
● Departure Point: Christmas Cove Marina (Address: Christmas Cove, Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island)
● Departure Time^: 09:00, 15:00
^ Departure times are reference only and subject to availability.
● Arrives back at approximately 10:15, 16:15
|Address||Christmas Cove Marina, Penneshaw SA 5222|
|How to get there||● By Car
Christmas Cove Marina is located on Kangaroo Island, approximately 1km west of Penneshaw Ferry Terminal, takes about 4 minutes; approximately 52km east of Kingscote Airport, takes about 40 minutes; approximately 88km east of Seal Bay Conservation Park, takes about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Parking is available in the carpark at Christmas Cove Marina
● By Ferry
Located approximately 20km south west of Cape Jervis Ferry Terminal, takes about 1 hour 10 minutes.
Christmas Cove Marina is 1km (approx.) from the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal, takes about 15 minutes walk.
● By Public Transport
Unfortunately there is no direct public transport available. Most visitors drive or arrive on a tour. If you do not drive, please book one of the day tours that visits Kangaroo Island with transfers.
|Reconfirmation requirements||Please be advised you are required to contact The Service Provider 24 hours prior to the travel date during business hours to reconfirm your booking, departure location and time, and boarding time with your confirmation number. Please adjust your travel plan according to the details given by The Service Provider at time of reconfirming.|
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive at the ticket office 15 minutes prior to the departure time to exchange for ticket/boarding pass before proceeding to the boarding terminal. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Motion-sickness medicine (if required)
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Comfortable shoes
● Light jacket / sweater for windy or cool days
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
Please refer to https://kangarooislandoceansafari.com.au/ for the latest updates during the post-Covid period.
● The maximum is 12 person in each group with minimum of 2. Your booking may be cancelled if the minimum number of travelers is not met one (1) days prior to your travel date.
● Tours are subject to weather and minimum numbers and may be cancelled the day before or re-scheduled to another date.
● No wheelchair access on board vessel
● Assistance can be provided to guests with mobility issues
● Child rates apply for children aged 3-12 years
● Infant rates apply to children 2 years and under
● Children must be accompanied by an Adult
Kangaroo Island 75 Minute Safari Depart from Kangaroo Island
- Historic places and information
- Coastal and wildlife tour around the coastline
- Visit places like Dolphin Cove, Cuttlefish Bay, Kangaroo Head and Snapper Point
- Encounter pods of Bottle Nose and Common Dolphins, Colonies of New Zealand Fur Seals and Australian Sea Lions
- Witness Southern Right Whales (seasonal)
- See varieties of sea birds
About Christmas Cove
Christmas Cove is one of Australia's Geological Monuments cut out by glacial movement 240 million years ago. It's the perfect place to start your marine wildlife safari. Dolphins and seals are only minutes away from the marina, which is the safest and easiest access marina on Kangaroo Island.
About Kangaroo Island
Matthew Flinders was the first European explorer to discover Kangaroo Island in 1802. He named it Kangaroo Island, because of the abundance of kangaroos he saw when he came to shore near Penneshaw. Come out on a Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari and you will be explained why Kangaroo Island has a coast line named in French and one in English and provide geological information on some of the oldest coastline on Kangaroo Island being approx 550 million years old.
Nicolas Baudin, who came to shore inscribed his details into "Frenchman's Rock" in Hog Bay, Penneshaw. You can see Frenchman's Rock as the cruise pass by in Penneshaw's sheltered waters on Kangaroo Island's favourite Ocean Safari. You will taken on a 75 minute coastal and wildlife tour around the beautiful coastline of Kangaroo Island, providing historical facts along the way.
You will be amazed when you see places like Dolphin Cove, Cuttlefish Bay, Kangaroo Head and Snapper Point. Kangaroo Island truly is one of the most desirable destinations for tourist travel and this Ocean Safari provides one of the most exceptional Kangaroo Island experiences.
Meet The Locals
- Wild Dolphins
Encounter pods of Bottle Nose and Common Dolphins that can been seen up close. Enjoy them in their natural environment swimming up along side the boat, with numbers sometimes in the dozens. On many instances you'll see their baby calves.
- Fur Seals and Sea Lions
An abundance of New Zealand Fur Seals and Australian Sea Lions inhabit the coast that surrounds Kangaroo Island. These seals gather along the rocks enjoying the warm sun, resting after fishing for days on end and show off their agile swimming ability right before your eyes.
Witness Southern Right Whales (seasonal) as they pass through these waters on their annual migration to the Great Australian Bight. Humpback Whales (seasonal) travel through the waters off the Dudley Peninsula and can sometimes be seen on a Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari. Marvel at these magnificent giant mammals of the sea.
- Sea Birds
There are many varieties of sea birds on the Safari including the unforgettable encounters with mighty Sea Eagles, Osprey and Wedge Tailed Eagles. Opportunities arise on this wildlife Safari to marvel at the eagle's diving into the ocean to grasp fish with their powerful talons. Cormorants and Gulls are abundant along the coast.
Enjoy an exhilarating ride along the beautiful Kangaroo Island coastline witnessing the magnificent pristine waters, stunning ancient coastline and the marine animals that inhabit it.
Travel along stunning ancient coastline with the opportunity to see dolphins, seals, eagles and birdlife. The skipper will provide informative commentary.
Encounter pods of Bottle Nose and Common Dolphins, Colonies of New Zealand Fur Seals and Australian Sea Lions.
These seals gather along the rocks enjoying the warm sun, resting after fishing for days on end and show off their agile swimming ability right before your eyes.
There are many varieties of sea birds on the Safari including the unforgettable encounters with mighty Sea Eagles, Osprey and Wedge Tailed Eagles.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.