- Port Stephens
- Port Stephens Whale Watch Cruise
1 Key Facts
- 1. Whale watch cruise (2.5 - 3 hours)
- 2. Complimentary morning or afternoon tea
- 3. Informative commentary
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, May - November (Whale Watching Season Only)
● Departure Point: D'Albora Marina, Dock C (Address: 6 Teramby Road, Nelson Bay, NSW 2315)
● Departure Time^: 10:00, 11:00, 13:30
^Departure times are reference only and subject to availability.
● Arrives back at approximately: 12:30, 13:30, 16:00
|How to get there||● By Train
From Sydney: Get off at the Hamilton Station stop then walk to the bus station on Maitland Road, then catch the bus to Nelson Bay Donald St before Stockton St Bus Stop, walk down Stockton Street to D'Albora Marina.
Please check the Transport NSW timetables (https://transportnsw.info/) for more details to plan your trip.
● By Car
－D'Albora Marina, Nelson Bay (up to 4 hours paid parking between the hours 8:30－16:30).
－Victoria Parade, Nelson Bay (limited up to 8 hours paid parking).
*Parking fees apply.
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive at the boarding terminal 30 minutes prior to the departure time to exchange for ticket/boarding pass. Failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Motion-sickness medicine (if required)
● Dressing code: smart casual
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Comfortable shoes
● Light jacket/sweater for windy or cool days
● Camera (waterproof)
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Please note dolphins and whales are wild animals and the Service Provider can not guarantee sightings; If this is the case on the day you travel valid tickets on a cruise that do not sight whales (on a whale watch cruise) or dolphins (on a dolphin watch cruise) will be issued free of charge return voucher. This voucher is issued on a stand by basis. The return voucher is only valid for the person named on the voucher and are non-transferable. Identification can be requested when returning with your voucher. Sometimes passengers can’t take up the free return voucher for whatever reason, but the Cruise team does everything they can to locate whales or dolphins. The Service Provider does not provide refunds.
● Smoking is not permitted
As per the NSW Smoke Free Environment Act 2000 and the Smoke Free Environment Regulation 2016, smoking is not permitted on any of our vessels at any time. From 1 July 2018, under the Smoke-free Environment Act 2000 and the Passenger Transport(General) Regulation 2017, people cannot use e-cigarettes in smoke-free areas
Port Stephens Whale Watch Cruise
Port Stephens enjoys an excellent whale season departing from mid May to early November from Nelson Bay, Port Stephens.
You will never forget seeing the awesome bulk of a Humpback whale, upto 18 metres long and weighing 40 tonnes! Being the most surface active of all the whales, it is possible that you will see spectacular displays - spyhops, pectoral slaps, body rolls and ... the breathtaking breach. Enjoy complimentary tea and coffee, entertaining and informative commentary and the cruise includes bonus dolphin and outer island cruising - two Cruises for the price of one! With great viewing decks (both inside and outside) you can rest assure you're getting the best view of these friendly giants.
Get up close and personal with the Whales!
*Subject to change without notice
- Two levels of outside viewing from the regions LARGEST whale watch vessels
- Comfortable all weather inside area's
- Live, informative, fun Captain's Commentary
- Chance to see huge pods of oceanic dolphins, penguins, sea birds, seals, orcas and more
- Complimentary morning or afternoon tea
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.