- Day Trips
- Western Australia Windjana Gorge Tour
1 Key Facts
- 1. Morning tea
- 2. Picnic lunch
- 3. Guided walks
- 4. Afternoon tea
- 5. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 1. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 2. Souvenirs
- 3. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: Mondays (May 14 - August 31 Only)
● Departure Time^: 07:00
^ Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included before departure time. Must be pre-booked.
● Arrives back at approximately 22:00
|How to get there||Complementary transfer from/to selected hotels included. Please indicate the name of your hotel at the point of booking - the most convenient pick-up location and time will be advised in your booking confirmation.|
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time at your booked pick up location. There might be 5-10 minutes delay depends on the traffic on the day. If you think the pick is late or you are not being picked up, please call The Service Provider and quote your confirmation number to double check.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes. Sturdy strap on sandals and shorts are recommended
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Swimmers and towels
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Access into Tunnel Creek requires a good level of fitness, agility on uneven ground and walking through knee to thigh high water.
－Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
－State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. The service provider is not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
－Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
－The service provider is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
－The service provider is not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
－Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
－Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. The service provider reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
－Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
－Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available.
－Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
－The service provider is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair.
－No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any service provider's vehicle.
－Smoking is not permitted on any service provider's vehicle.
－The service provider reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
－Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
－To the extent permitted by law, service provider reserves is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage.
－The service provider is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on service provider's vehicle and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
－The service provider recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
－Pending tide conditions on the river, the cruise may need to go in the opposite direction.
－The service provider reserves the right to modify or cancel tours and bookings leading up to and on the day of travel due to road, weather or other operational needs warranted at the time and will always be in the best interest and safety of all clients.
Western Australia Windjana Gorge Tour
Part of a 375 million year old Devonian reef system, the region of Windjana Gorge holds significant cultural importance for the local Bunuba people who used to live there. This gorge and nearby Tunnel Creek was also the base for indigenous outlaw, Jandamurra, who led an armed revolt in the 1890s against European settlers.
- Fitzroy River - one of the Kimberley region's most significant and iconic waterways
- Prison Boab Tree - a relic of a bygone era and an area of importance
- Take a break and enjoy morning tea
- Windjana Gorge National Park - rich in vegetation and wildlife
- Take a walk into the gorge
- Witness primeval life forms fossilized within gorge walls
- Look out for birds, fruit bats and freshwater crocodiles!
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch in natural surrounds
- Tunnel Creek* - Western Australia's oldest cave system and flows through a water worn tunnel beneath the limestone of the Napier Range
- Hear the story of Aboriginal leader, Jandamarra
- Guided walk through Tunnel Creek
- Enjoy a refreshing afternoon tea
- An evening meal stop will be made on our return to Broome (own expense)
● If you cancel at least 12 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 11 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.