- Day Trips
- Melbourne Highlights Half Day Tour Afternoon Departs with River Cruise
1 Key Facts
- 1. River cruise along the Yarra River with commentary
- 2. Coach tour
- 3. Free Wi-Fi on coach
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs:
- Season 1 (01 October－31 March): daily*
- Season 2 (01 April－30 September): Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point: Melbourne River Cruises - Federation Wharf (address: 15-19 Princes Walk, Melbourne VIC 3004)
● Departure Time: 12:00
● Arrives back at approximately 17:30
|How to get there||● By Car
- Wilson Parking Federation Square (Address: Russell St Ext, Melbourne VIC 3000), approximately 2 minutes walk.
- Flinders Lane Car Park (Address: 189 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000), approximately 4 minutes walk.
- Parking fees apply.
● By Public Transport
The closest Train Station is Flinders Street Station
The closest Tram Stop is Federation Square/Swanston St
The closest Bus Stop is Flinders Street Station - Stop 13
Please check the Public Transport Victoria timetables (https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/) for more details to plan your trip.
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point /departure point 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in.
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● The Cruise
Pending tide conditions on the river, the cruise may need to go in the opposite direction which explores Melbourne's picturesque gardens, parklands and some of the famous sporting arenas
● Child Policy
- Infants travelling on a Public Day Tour aged between 0-3 will be given an allocated seat and be seated in a Child Restraint Seat subject to availability. Child Restraint Seats will be available for hire or the customer may supply their own.
- Children aged 4-7 travelling on a Public Day Tour must be seated in an allocated seat and wear a seat belt. Booster Seats are available as an option for hire or the customer may supply their own. Children aged 4-7 must not travel in the first two rows of the coach on a Public Day Tour
－Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
－State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. The service provider is not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
－Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
－The service provider is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
－The service provider is not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
－Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
－Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. The service provider reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
－Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
－Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available.
－Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
－The service provider is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair.
－No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any service provider's vehicle.
－Smoking is not permitted on any service provider's vehicle.
－The service provider reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
－Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
－To the extent permitted by law, service provider reserves is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage.
－The service provider is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on service provider's vehicle and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
－The service provider recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
－Pending tide conditions on the river, the cruise may need to go in the opposite direction.
－The service provider reserves the right to modify or cancel tours and bookings leading up to and on the day of travel due to road, weather or other operational needs warranted at the time and will always be in the best interest and safety of all clients.
Melbourne Highlights Half Day Tour Afternoon Departs with River Cruise
Take a cruise along the Yarra River, relax and take in the scenic views before you join this afternoon Melbourne Highlights coach tour. Tour the highlights of Melbourne's CBD such as MCG and Melbourne Park. Stretch your legs at the Royal Botanic Gardens then head through Docklands waterfront, over Bolte Bridge and scenic drive along the bay of Port Melbourne to St Kilda and Brighton. Afternoon tea stop (own expense) in trendy Acland Street known for its patisseries and a photo stop at Brighton Beach bathing boxes. This tour gives you the opportunity to sample Melbourne life like a local.
- River Cruise
- Cruise along the Yarra River with commentary
- Pass by bluestone wharves, reminiscent of the early settlement days
- 360 degree views of the city skyline and bustling Southbank
- Coach Tour
- Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne's most famous sports stadium
- Melbourne Park - home to the National Tennis Centre and the sports precinct
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Pass the Arts and Cultural Centre on Southbank
- Elegant St Kilda Road
- Vibrant waterfront development of the Docklands
- Modern sports and events venue - Etihad Stadium
- Take in a spectacular view of the city skyline from the Bolte Bridge
- Port Melbourne by the sea
- Beach views en-route to trendy St Kilda
- Explore Acland Street in St Kilda, home to an eclectic mix of cultures
- Perhaps enjoy a local favourite - afternoon tea of coffee and cake at one of the trendy cafes and world class patisseries (own expense)
- Upmarket suburbs and mega houses of Elwood and Brighton
- Iconic Brighton bathing boxes subject of many a tourist photo (photo stop)
- Lively Fitzroy Street in St Kilda
- Take a trip around Albert Park Lake - home of the Australian F1 Grand Prix
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.