- Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour－2020 La Traviata D Reserve
1 Key Facts
- Best available seat(s) at D Reserve (Show Only)
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||Performance at Fleet Steps, Mrs Macquaries Point, Mrs Macquaries Rd, Sydney NSW 2000
Performance runs: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday (29 March－26 April 2020)
Performance time: 19:30
|Address||Fleet Steps, Mrs Macquaries Point, Mrs Macquaries Rd, Sydney NSW 2000|
|How to get there||● By Car
－The Domain Car Park is the closest car park (Address: St Marys Rd, Sydney NSW 2000). The car park will be open until 01:00 during the performance season.
－There is metered parking along Mrs Macquaries Road, Hospital Road and Macquarie Street.
－Parking fees apply.
● By Public Transport
－Please check the Transport NSW timetables (https://transportnsw.info/) for more details to plan your trip.
The nearest train stations are:
St James Station－approximately 16 minutes walk
Martin Place Station－approximately 18 minutes walk
Circular Quay Station－approximately 29 minutes walk.
|Check-in requirements||Tickets will be available for collection from the Box Office one hour before the performance. Please bring and present a photo ID bearing the name used for booking to collect your tickets at the Box Office. Regrettably, failure to arrive this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in.
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Performance at Fleet Steps, Mrs Macquaries Point, Mrs Macquaries Rd, Sydney NSW 2000.
● The Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour venue will be open at 5pm on all performance days. Please be reminded that access to the venue via the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney is only possible prior to 18:30 in March and 18:00 in April.
● Please check with The Service Provider for updated map when closer to travel date at:
● Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour is an open-air and all weather event. The venue, audience seating, and the stage are completely uncovered. The special nature of this event will be appreciated by visitors from all over the world who understand that there is a certain risk of bad weather. As the event is an all-weather experience, Opera Australia is committed to going ahead with a performance of Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour even in unfavourable weather conditions.
● Endeavour to perform in all weather conditions and in some weather conditions implement a wet weather performance contingency plan, which is created by the director and team during rehearsals and adapts the performance to ensure performer and crew safety.
● Will only cancel a performance during electrical storms (within 10km radius) or during times of extremely high winds and/or rain. The decision to cancel a performance is not made until 19:30 or later and a cancellation may be called during the performance.
● In some cases due to weather conditions, Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour may have a delayed start time or be paused by up to 50 minutes at any point throughout the performance. When delaying a performance, Service Provider must consider the safety of its performers in calling a performance stop.
● Auxiliary expenses, including travel, accommodation or hospitality, which you have arranged in conjunction with the performance are at your own risk and not refundable by Service Provider.
● Only food and beverages purchased at the venue will be permitted into the venue－no BYO.
● The right of admission is reserved and Service Provider reserves the right to inspect bags of patrons who enter or exit the venue regardless of size.
● All attendees, regardless of age, must hold a valid ticket to be admitted to the auditorium. This includes children and infants who must have their own seat, and cannot sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. Service Provider ask that parents and guardians consider the comfort and enjoyment of other audience members if bringing infants and small children to the Opera.
● Persons aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a ticketed adult and the event is not recommended for children under 8.
● The venue is largely non-smoking. A small designated smoking area will be available towards the back of the venue, please ask venue staff to be directed to this area.
● Patrons who disrupt a performance may be ejected from the venue.
● Cloak Room facilities are not available at the venue. Patron's wishing to bring personal items into the venue do so at their own risk. Service Provider will not take responsibility for any items which are lost or damaged on the site.
● Bulky items are not permitted in the venue, however strollers and prams may be left with front-of-house.
● Patrons are reminded that the venue is a place of natural beauty and should be respected – please don't collect plants or flowers, climb on the trees or walk on garden beds.
● Patrons arriving late will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. If a suitable break prior to interval is identified, latecomers may not be seated in their ticketed seats, but will be seated in an area adjacent to an entrance, where minimal disruption will be caused to seated attendees. This is at the discretion of venue staff. Ticket refunds or exchanges are not available on the basis of late arrival.
● Use of cameras and other recording devices during the performance is prohibited. Photographs may be taken before and after the performance and at interval, but not during the performance.
● Service Provider reserves the right to record, broadcast, simulcast and photograph any performances and the venue which may include staff and the audience.
Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour－2020 La Traviata D Reserve
In 2020, present La Traviata: the story that inspired Moulin Rouge. Violetta is the life of every party. A courtesan with a heart of gold, she's free and free-spirited. Could a little love change everything?
Arrive early to enjoy drinks or dinner at one of the five pop-up bars and restaurants on site. Drink in the view as the setting sun glimmers over the city skyline. Then take seats in the comfortable grandstand to enjoy "a ravishing visual spectacle".
The 3.5-tonne chandelier sparkles with 10,000 crystals. The biggest scenes feature 80 performers on stage and party boats in the harbour.
Verdi's score offers flying melodies, rousing drinking songs and heartbreaking duets. Brian Castles-Onion conducts the opera, with a live orchestra hidden under the stage.
Approximately 2 hours and 35 minutes (including one interval)
*Event duration is a guide only and may be subject to change.
In Italian with English and Simplified Chinese surtitles
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.