- Day Trips
- Canberra Axe Throwing and Local Beer Discovery Tour
1 Key Facts
- 1. Tours & tasting at two local breweries
- 2. One Hour Axe throwing
- 3. Lunch
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs*: Saturdays, Sundays
* Tour does not run on New Year's Day (01 January), Australia Day (26 January), St Patrick's Day (17 March), ANZAC Day (25 April), Melbourne Cup Day (04 Nov 2020), Christmas Day (25 December), Boxing Day (26 December), New Year's Eve (31 December)
● Departure Point: BentSpoke Brewing Co. (Address: 38 Mort St, Braddon ACT 2612)
● Departure Time: 09:30
● Arrives back at approximately 15:30
|How to get there||Please make your own way to the meeting point on the travel date
● By Car
Located approximately 9km west of Canberra Airport, takes about 15 minutes; approximately 5km north of Parliament House, takes about 10 minutes.
- Wilson Parking 36 Mort St (Address: 36 Mort St, Braddon ACT 2612), approximately 1 minutes walk
- Wilson Parking - 44 Mort Street (Address: 44 Mort St, Braddon ACT 2612), approximately 1 minutes walk
- Parking fees apply
● By Public Transport
The closest Light Rail Station is Elouera Street
The closest Bus Stop is Fawkner St before Elouera St
Please check the Transport Canberra timetables (https://www.transport.act.gov.au/) for more details to plan your trip.
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point /departure point 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● The maximum is 10 persons in each group with minimum of 6. Your booking may be cancelled if the minimum number of travelers is not met 1 days prior to your travel date. Therefore, please update us with your Australia local mobile number as soon as it's available.
● Minimum age 18 years and over. It is against the law to sell or supply liquor to anyone under the age of 18 years old in Australia. It is strongly recommend that travelers who are 18 years old and over please bring a valid photo ID (a valid passport, drivers licence, or proof of age card) which can prove your age when dining / travelling.
● Guests must at all times abide by state and federal laws regarding lawful drinking practices (e.g. Responsible Service of Alcohol). Service of alcohol may be refused to persons deemed intoxicated.
● For the duration of the tour you are responsible for your own behaviour; uncontrollable and disruptive drunken behaviour will not be tolerated any person deemed unruly or disruptive will be removed from the tour and will not be entitled to any refund. Do not drive after one of our tours, we unfortunately cannot accept any responsibility for your ability to get home once our tours finish. At all times, the decision of the Service Provider's tour leader or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the tour.
Canberra Axe Throwing and Local Beer Discovery Tour
The Axxe team will teach you the skill of axe throwing, followed by a competition to crown the champion. The prize? Bragging rights for the rest of the day!
After channeling your inner Viking you will be taken behind the scenes of some of Canberra's best breweries. The tour guides talk about the ingredients of beer, the brewing process and take you through a tasting at each of the venues.
This tour also includes lunch, and beers with your meal. On this tour you will visit 2 breweries and have an awesome lunch at a cool pub. Which breweries the tour visits on the day does change - not all places are open every day and is all about timing and providing a good mix of places, people and beers.
* Please note, itinerary is reference only and subject to change without notice. Itinerary may operate in reverse order, in a different sequence, be swapped around, or in rare circumstances be replaced by other best suited items to suit times & conditions.
Experience the thrill of Urban Axe Throwing, then go behind the scenes at 2 breweries and have a lunch at a craft beer pub.
The Axxe team will teach you the skill of axe throwing, followed by a competition to crown the champion.
After channeling your inner Viking you will be taken behind the scenes of some of Canberra's best breweries.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
● If no show, no refund.