1 Key Facts
- 1. Kayak Adventure (2.5 hours)
- 2. Personal Floatation Device
- 3. Experienced guides
- 4. Complimentary digital photo
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Address||69 Cooks Road, Glenworth Valley NSW 2250 Australia|
|How to get there||By Car
Glenworth Valley is conveniently located just 4kms off the M1 at Peats Ridge, which is only 15 minutes south of Gosford, 20 minutes north of Hornsby, 1 hour from Sydney and Newcastle CBDs, or 1.5 hours (90 minutes) from Port Stephens. You will need to enter the address as “Cooks Road, Glenworth Valley” (do NOT input “Glenworth Valley” only).
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the attraction 30 minutes before your scheduled activity time to allow enough time to check in. Failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months, Wear appropriate sun smart clothing such as lightweight trousers or shorts, a long sleeved shirt and hat. Clothing that is lightweight and dries quickly is recommended.
● Comfortable old shoes such as joggers, wet booties, reef sandals or shoes that cannot easily come off and can get wet.
● Hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Camera (waterproof)
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Activity Related】
● The minimum age for the Kayak Adventure is 7 years of age. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied in a double kayak by an adult.
● Minimum of 4 participants is required for a tour to proceed.
● All participants are required to sign a waiver before the commencement of this activity. This confirms that participants are aware and understand the inherent risks associated with this activity.
● All participants are required to wear a PFD (Personal Floatation Device). This equipment is provided.
● Guides instructions must always be followed.
● Kayaking at Glenworth Valley on Popran Creek is tidal and departure times are subject to tide levels.
● Absolutely no drugs or alcohol is permitted. Customers will be refused an Adventure Activity if they appear to be affected by Alcohol or Drugs of any kind. In this situation 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
● Pets are not permitted on the property under any circumstances.
It is strongly recommended that participants seek additional travel insurance covering cancellations and other potential unforeseen events prior to the commencement of activities.
● Wet Weather
It is very rare that the Service Provider cancels activities due to wet weather. They will only cancel Adventure Activities in extreme weather conditions. Customers accept the risk that weather conditions they consider unsatisfactory may occur on the date booked.
Sydney Glenworth Valley 2.5 hours Kayak Adventure
Glenworth Valley is situated in the luscious hinterland of the NSW Central Coast. Set on 3000 acres of unspoilt wilderness consisting of lush green valleys and ancient rainforest areas. Popran Creek runs the length of the valley and visitors enjoy the natural Australian bushland setting.
Glenworth Valley has been providing exciting outdoor adventure experiences since 1972. Over 1 million customers have experienced fantastic activities in the breathtaking natural environment.
- You'll spend a fabulous day paddling amongst peaceful surrounds and relaxing together with friends and family
- Relax as you're in safe hands with our experienced kayaking guides
This tour commences at Glenworth Valley and winds along Popran Creek, the purest tributary to the Hawkesbury River. Spot sea eagles, herons, cormorants, wood ducks and swamp hens along your journey as you cruise past the mangroves that provide a habitat for many species of mammals, birds and fish.
Your tour guide will point out a number of Glenworth Valley's historical artefacts along the way such as a stone fence built by convicts and remnants of a major logging operation on the property from the late 1880s. You'll also learn about famous local poet Henry Kendall, who spent time at Glenworth Valley.
This tour is approximately a 5km return paddle. This tour is suitable for everyone from beginners to experienced paddles or for those just looking for a relaxing day on the water. The group paddle at a leisurely pace to take the time to enjoy your surroundings.
● If you cancel at least 21 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 20 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.