- Central Coast, Sydney
- Sydney Glenworth Valley 1 hour Lead Pony Rides
1 Key Facts
- 1. Self-guided lead pony rides (1 hour)
- 2. Children's helmets hire
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Destination||Central Coast, Sydney|
|Address||69 Cooks Road, Glenworth Valley NSW 2250 Australia|
|How to get there||● By Car
Glenworth Valley is conveniently located just 4kms off the M1 at Peats Ridge, which is only 15 minutes south of Gosford, 20 minutes north of Hornsby, 1 hour from Sydney and Newcastle CBDs, or 1.5 hours (90 minutes) from Port Stephens. You will need to enter the address as "Cooks Road, Glenworth Valley" (do NOT input "Glenworth Valley" only).
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point/departure point 30 minutes before your scheduled activity time to allow enough time to check in. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Fully enclosed footwear such as riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel is best. Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread are not permitted.
● Protective clothing, full length pants, eg. jodhpurs, moleskins, jeans.
● Hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
Please refer to https://glenworth.com.au/ for the latest updates during the post-Covid period.
● The age for Lead Pony Rides is from 3 to 12 years.
● Adult Child Ratio
- Two accompanying adults are required for children aged 3 to 4 years, one to hold the child on the horse.
- One accompanying adult is required for children aged 5 to 12 years.
● Lead Pony rides are self-guided.
● Up to 4 children can share a lead pony, one at a time, in any one-hour session.
● The use of a helmet is compulsory and must always be worn on the Lead Ponies tours
● For safety and animal welfare, there is a maximum weight limit of 105kg.
● Please be aware that the maximum weight limit may be lower than 105kgs and is subject to variation according to what horses are available for riding on the day of your visit. In addition to a rider's weight, the Service Provider do also take into account a rider's height to weight ratio, riding experience, general muscle tone and fitness when assessing whether they have a suitable horse available. It is not guaranteed that a suitable horse will be available on the day of your visit however every effort will be made to provide you with a suitable horse.
● Instructions must always be followed.
● Doubling on horses can be dangerous and is not permitted.
● For safety reasons backpacks, handbags etc are not permitted to be worn whilst riding.
● All participants are required to sign a waiver before the commencement of this activity. This confirms that participants are aware and understand the inherent risks associated with this activity.
● Absolutely no drugs or alcohol is permitted. Customers will be refused an Adventure Activity if they appear to be affected by Alcohol or Drugs of any kind. In this situation 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
● Pets are not permitted on the property under any circumstances.
It is strongly recommended that participants seek additional travel insurance covering cancellations and other potential unforeseen events prior to the commencement of activities.
● Wet Weather
It is very rare that the Service Provider cancels activities due to wet weather. They will only cancel Adventure Activities in extreme weather conditions. Customers accept the risk that weather conditions they consider unsatisfactory may occur on the date booked.
Sydney Glenworth Valley 1 hour Lead Pony Rides
Glenworth Valley is situated in the luscious hinterland of the NSW Central Coast. Set on 3000 acres of unspoilt wilderness consisting of lush green valleys and ancient rainforest areas. Popran Creek runs the length of the valley and visitors enjoy the natural Australian bushland setting.
Glenworth Valley has been providing exciting outdoor adventure experiences since 1972. Over 1 million customers have experienced fantastic activities in the breathtaking natural environment.
Lead Pony Rides
Only the most gentle horses are available for use as a Glenworth Valley lead pony. The lead pony rides are suitable for children 3-12 years of age and are a great way to introduce children to horses and to experience the fun of riding a horse. Once the staff shows you how to look after your lead pony you are free to walk your pony around the pastured river flats adjacent to Popran Creek.
Please note that one adult per horse is required to lead your pony from the ground if all children participating are 5 years and older. For children 4 years and younger, 2 adults are required, 1 adult to lead the horse and the other to walk next to your child/children to ensure their balance on the saddle is maintained. Each lead pony maybe shared between up to 4 children with 1 child allowed on the horse at a time.
Don't forget to bring your camera to capture your little one's proud smiles.
Once the staff shows you how to look after your lead pony you are free to walk your pony around the pastured river flats adjacent to Popran Creek.
Lead pony rides are a great way to introduce children aged 3 to 12 years to horses and to experience the fun of horse riding for themselves.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.