- Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome Entry Ticket
1 Key Facts
- 1. Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome Entry Ticket
- 1. Any ZOOM Activities
- 2. Any professional photos
- 3. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 4. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 5. Souvenirs
- 6. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||【Covid Operating hours】
*Subject to change following further review. Please refer to the park's official website for most current operational times.
● Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 10:00 - 17:00 (closed Tuesday), Last entry 16:00
● Saturdays, Sundays: 09:00 - 17:00, Last entry 16:00
|Address||The Reef Hotel Casino, 35-41 Wharf St, Cairns QLD 4870|
|How to get there||● By Car
Located on top of The Reef Hotel Casino. Entry to the Casino lobby is via either Abbott or Wharf Street. Access to the Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome is via the lifts located in the casino foyer.
If you come by car you can park either underneath The Reef Hotel Casino, at the carpark located near the Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal or use the carpark spaces surrounding the casino complex.
Note: carparks and parking spaces may incur parking fees based on duration – please read the appropriate signage.
● By Public Transport
- The local Sunbus services Cairns and suburbs and the main depot is located in Lake St.
Please check the current timetable (http://www.sunbus.com.au/cairns/bus-timetable/) for more details to plan your trip.
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Water bottle
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
- Opening hours subject to change.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions all tours and presentations will be altered.
● Ticket Validity
Wildlife Dome Entry tickets for Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome are valid for the date of purchase, and then four consecutive days after. *This does not apply for ZOOM activities.
● No food of any kind is allowed upstairs in the Wildlife Dome due to Queensland Health guidelines. However, you may bring drink bottles. There is a large range of cold drinks available for sale.
● Operating hours may change due to maintenance, improvements or safety reasons. Please always check with the Service Provider visit their official website for updated information regarding scheduled maintenance and closures before purchasing, and when closer to travel date to plan your visit.
Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome Entry Ticket
With the Wildlife Dome Entry, wander through the wildlife park at own pace and visit the extensive range of native Australian animals on display. Enjoy a number of free interactive wildlife shows and presentations, including feeding tours, koala and mammal talks, and reptile presentations.
The Small Bird Aviary and Rainforest Aviary are the perfect opportunities to view some of the birds up close, or take a seat and watch as the larger birds fly freely around the Dome. Meet the friendly Red-Legged Pademelons in the Wallaby Walk, or observe the different lizards on display in the Lizard Lounge.
Cockatoo Corner is the home of the resident cockatoos - Jo Jo, Holly and Willow - whilst Koala Kingdom is the perfect place to see the koalas, Nellie and Micro.
Shows and Presentations*
*Reference Only. Subject to change without notice.
|10:00||Bird Show||See the amazing rainforest birds at their most active and observe their diverse feeding behaviours. Learn about the different bird species that call Cairns ZOOM home, including some very cheeky personalities!||Black Cockatoo Corner|
|Reptile Presentations||Get up close and personal with snakes, lizards, freshwater crocodiles and turtles.||Presentation Stage|
|13:00||Koala Show||Discover what a marsupial is and what makes them so special. Learn about the koala – find out why they sleep all day, how they raise their young and the gum leaf menu they enjoy. You can personally cuddle a koala in reception area, and have the photo taken as a souvenir of the experience (optional extra at own expense).||Koala Enclosure|
|14:00||Reptile Presentations||Get up close and personal with snakes, lizards, freshwater crocodiles and turtles.||Presentation Stage|
|15:00||Crocodile Show||Meet Goliath, the 4 metre saltwater crocodile, at his feeding time, and learn about how he made his home in the Wildlife Dome||Top boardwalk next to Goliath's enclosure|
|16:00||Bird Feeding||Feed carnivorous birds which include Kookaburras and Frogmouths.||Black Cockatoo Corner|
|17:00||Nocturnal Mammals||Learn about nocturnal Australian mammals including Bettongs, Swamp Wallabies, Pademelons and the very cute Koalas.||Presentation Stage|
With the Wildlife Dome Entry, wander through the wildlife park at own pace and visit the extensive range of native Australian animals on display.
The Small Bird Aviary and Rainforest Aviary are the perfect opportunities to view some of the birds up close, or take a seat and watch as the larger birds fly freely around the Dome.
Learn about nocturnal Australian mammals including Bettongs, Swamp Wallabies, Pademelons and the very cute Koalas.
Meet Goliath, the 4 metre saltwater crocodile, at his feeding time, and learn about how he made his home in the Wildlife Dome.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.