- Day Trips
- Botany Bay & Rocks Walking Half Day Tour
1 Key Facts
- 1. Experienced Driver Guide
- 2. Comprehensive commentary
- 3. Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point: King Street Wharf (Address: 28A Lime Street. Opposite of Subway restaurant)
● Departure Time^: 14:00
^ No hotel pick-ups available.
● Arrives Sydney city at approximately 17:45
|How to get there||Please make your own way to the meeting point on the travel date. The closest train station is Wynyard Station which is about 500 meters away, approximately 7 minutes walk.
Please check the Transport NSW timetables (https://transportnsw.info/) for more details to plan your trip.
|Reconfirmation requirements||Please be advised you are required to contact The Service Provider 24 hours prior to the travel date during business hours to reconfirm your booking, pick up location and time, and departure time with your confirmation number. Please adjust your travel plan according to the details given by The Service Provider at time of reconfirming.|
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the departure point 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. Passengers that fail to arrive before this time may be classed as no-show.|
|What to bring/wear||● Enclosed walking shoes
● Swimmers & towel (optional)
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Low level of fitness required|
Botany Bay & Rocks Walking Half Day Tour
Enjoy an afternoon tour of Botany Bay and The Rocks, two significant locations that tell the story of how modern Australia was formed and see impressive views of the city.
Travel across the Sydney Harbour Bridge to Milsons Point and stop for spectacular views of the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and city skyline. Head East towards the Sydney Cricket Ground before arriving at La Perouse, a historical headland suburb first spotted by Captain Cook in 1770 and written about in his journal. From this vantage point see Botany Bay and the protected beaches where the English and French naval ships arrived on the shores of this land. See the historical buildings and learn how the Aboriginal people were impacted. Return to The Rocks area and discover the birthplace of modern Australia on a guided walking tour. Wander the cobbled laneways and learn the rich history of the area from a British colony of convicts and sailors to a thriving entertainment precinct. Once the tour concludes, choose to stay and enjoy the area or return to your hotel.
- Rocks Walking Tour - Discover the birthplace of Modern Australia on a short guided tour.
- Local stories - Hear stories of Sydney's colonial past as you take a step back in time.
- The Rocks District - Wander the cobbled laneways and learn how this area transformed from a British colony of convicts and sailors into a thriving entertainment precinct.
- Photo stops - Get your camera ready to take photos of Sydney's most popular local sights.
- La Perouse - Travel east to the historical headland suburb and see heritage-listed Bare Island.
- Botany Bay - See where Captain Arthur Phillip and the First Fleet arrived on these shores Historical Buildings » see these and learn how the Aboriginal people were impacted.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.