- Port Stephens
- Port Stephens Dolphin Discovery Cruise
1 Key Facts
- 1. Dolphin discovery cruise (1.5 hours)
- 2. Complimentary morning or afternoon tea
- 3. Boom-net rides
- 4. Informative commentary
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point: D'Albora Marina, Dock C (Address: 6 Teramby Road, Nelson Bay, NSW 2315)
● Departure Time: 10:30, 13:30, 15:30^
● Arrival Time: 12:00, 15:00, 17:00^
^Summer months from December to April Only
|How to get there||● By Train
From Sydney: Get off at the Hamilton Station stop then walk to the bus station on Maitland Road, then catch the bus to Nelson Bay Donald St before Stockton St Bus Stop, walk down Stockton Street to D'Albora Marina.
Please check the Transport NSW timetables (https://transportnsw.info/) for more details to plan your trip.
● By Car
－D'Albora Marina, Nelson Bay (up to 4 hours paid parking between the hours 8:30－16:30).
－Victoria Parade, Nelson Bay (limited up to 8 hours paid parking).
*Parking fees apply.
|Check-in requirements||Please arrive at the boarding terminal 30 minutes prior to the departure time to exchange for ticket/boarding pass. Failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Motion-sickness medicine (if required)
● Swimwear, towel
● Dressing code (smart casual)
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Comfortable shoes
● Light jacket/sweater for windy or cool days
● Camera (waterproof)
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Please note dolphins and whales are wild animals and the Service Provider can not guarantee sightings; If this is the case on the day you travel valid tickets on a cruise that do not sight whales (on a whale watch cruise) or dolphins (on a dolphin watch cruise) will be issued free of charge return voucher. This voucher is issued on a stand by basis. The return voucher is only valid for the person named on the voucher and are non-transferable. Identification can be requested when returning with your voucher. Sometimes passengers can’t take up the free return voucher for whatever reason, but the Cruise team does everything they can to locate whales or dolphins. The Service Provider does not provide refunds.
● Smoking is not permitted
As per the NSW Smoke Free Environment Act 2000 and the Smoke Free Environment Regulation 2016, smoking is not permitted on any of our vessels at any time. From 1 July 2018, under the Smoke-free Environment Act 2000 and the Passenger Transport(General) Regulation 2017, people cannot use e-cigarettes in smoke-free areas
Port Stephens Dolphin Discovery Cruise
Port Stephens' Dolphins
Port Stephens' dolphins are not fed or induced in any way to come to the boats. They do it out of curiosity. If they are not in the mood, they just swim away. When contact is made with the dolphins, there is always excitement. People rush to the sides and bow of the boat. Dolphins love to ride a boat's bow-wave as the pressure wave at the front of a boat gives them a boost. They dive, weave, kick and splash giving everyone a good chance to look at them. Dolphins love to ride a boat's bow-wave. The pressure wave at the front of a boat gives them a boost. They dive, weave, kick and splash. This gives people a good chance to look at them.
*Subject to change without notice
- See the world famous resident wild Bottlenose dolphins
- Exciting boom-net rides
- Expansive open decks or covered all weather indoor viewing
- Complimentary morning or afternoon tea
- Live, informative, fun Captain's Commentary
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.