- Day Trips
- Hobart City Half Day Tour Morning Departure
1 Key Facts
- Explorer coach tram tour* (Due to operational requirements sometimes other vehicles may be used)
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*
* Tour does not run on Christmas Day (25 December)
● Departure Point and Time:
- Gray Line Terminal (Address: Brooke Street Pier, Hobart TAS 7000) @ 09:30
- Tasmanian Travel Centre (Address: 16-20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000) @ 09:40
● Arrives back at approximately 12:45
|How to get there||● By Car
Please make your own way to the departure point on the travel date.
● By Public Transport
Please check the Tasmanian Transport (https://www.transport.tas.gov.au/passenger) for more details to plan your trip.
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point /departure point 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in.
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money/credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Tour
－Due to operational requirements sometimes other vehicles may be used.
● Child Policy
－It is Tasmanian law that infants occupy a seat
－Infants travelling on a Public Day Tour aged between 0-3 will be given an allocated seat and be seated in a Child Restraint Seat subject to availability.
－Child Restraint Seats will be available for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 travelling on a Public Day Tour must be seated in an allocated seat and wear a seat belt.
－Booster Seats are available as an option for hire or the customer may supply their own.
－Children aged 4-7 must not travel in the first two rows of the coach on a Public Day Tour.
－Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
－State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. The service provider is not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
－Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
－The service provider is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
－The service provider is not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
－Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
－Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. The service provider reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
－Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
－Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available.
－Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
－The service provider is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair.
－No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any service provider's vehicle.
－Smoking is not permitted on any service provider's vehicle.
－The service provider reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
－Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
－To the extent permitted by law, service provider reserves is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage.
－The service provider is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on service provider's vehicle and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
－The service provider recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
－Pending tide conditions on the river, the cruise may need to go in the opposite direction.
－The service provider reserves the right to modify or cancel tours and bookings leading up to and on the day of travel due to road, weather or other operational needs warranted at the time and will always be in the best interest and safety of all clients.
Hobart City Half Day Tour Morning Departure
Your driver will present live commentary sharing local knowledge and experiences of life in Hobart and is on hand to answer any of your queries.
Drive along Sullivans Cove - Hobart's birthplace, pass by Parliament House, the Georgian style warehouses of Salamanca Place and through charming and histoic Battery Point. Travel to the suburb of South Hobart and stop at the Cascade Gardens with an option to walk and view the exterior of the historic Cascade Brewery building. Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison - featured in Bryce Courtenay's novel The Potato Factory. Experience the city, parks, historic churches and buildings including the Hobart Town Hall, Penitentiary Chapel. Pass by Government House crossing the Tasman Bridge to stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay and Mt Wellington. Enjoy some free time to see the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Sullivan's Cove - Hobart's birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St. George's Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St. David's Park
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Option to walk and view the exterior of the Cascade Brewery
- Cascade Gardens
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- St. David's Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel
- Queen's Domain and Government House
- Cross Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- Enjoy some free time to see the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.