- Mornington Peninsula
- Arthurs Seat Eagle－One Way Ticket
1 Key Facts
- 1. Arthurs Seat Eagle experience one way ticket
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|How to get there||● Address
－Base Station: 1085 Arthurs Seat Road, Dromana, Victoria 3936
－Summit Station: 795 Arthurs Seat Road, Arthurs Seat, Victoria 3936
● By Car
Located approximately 109km south of Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, takes about 1 hour 25 minutes; approximately 84km south of Melbourne Federation Square, takes about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- [Free] Onsite parkings are available
● By Public Transport
The closest Train Station is Frankston Station
The closest Bus Stop is Dromana Visitor Information Centre Stop
Take the Frankston Line Train to Frankston station. Catch the Portsea Passenger Service (Bus #788) to the Mornington Peninsula to the Dromana Visitor Information Centre. The Base Station is a 15 minute walk from here but please be careful when walking as a section of the route does not have pavement.
Please check the Public Transport Victoria timetables (https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/) for more details to plan your trip.
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Insect repellent
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● Child Policy
－Children under 4 ride free.
－Children are classified as being between the ages of 4-16 inclusive.
－Children 11 years and under must be supervised by a guardian/supervisor 16 years+.
－If guests bring children onto the Premises, guests are responsible for the care, conduct and supervision of those children at all times. Guests are responsible for any acts committed by children whom guests have brought onto the Premises.
－All inclusive and caters to the disabled, elderly, frail and toddlers. It is wheelchair and pram friendly.
－All prices, attractions, special events and trading times are subject to change or cancellation without notification.
－Operational hours are subject to change without notice and may be reduced or extended due to weather or operational requirements.
－May temporarily close for refurbishment, technical reasons or extreme weather.
－Skateboarding or similar activities are not permitted.
－No running is permitted on or in the vicinity of the cabin or anywhere within the service provider's Building.
－No alcohol or smoking is permitted. Smoking is not allowed in the Gondolas or anywhere within the service provider's buildings or outdoor areas.
－No pets are permitted. Assistance dogs excepted.
－No food or alcoholic beverage of any nature may be taken onto or consumed on the cabin. No eskies or wine coolers are permitted. Water is permitted, but only where it is in plastic bottles or containers that can be sealed.
－Photographs or videos taken by guests are for personal enjoyment only. Any use or reproduction for commercial purposes, without written permission from the service provider, is strictly prohibited.
－Tripods are not allowed in the service provider's premises or gondolas.
－The service provider will not always be able to guarantee the entire group can travel together. Groups of persons will not always be able to travel in the same cabin. Each gondola holds up to eight people.
－By receiving a ticket to ride on the Arthurs Seat Eagle or by entering any part of the Premises, guests are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and have understood them to be binding. It is guests' responsibility to read and inform themselves as to these Terms and Conditions.
－Management reserve the right to refuse entry or remove any person from the Premises or any part of the Premises for failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
－By entering the Arthurs Seat Eagle guests consent to photographs or video of guests being used by the service provider for promotional purposes.
－Guests are responsible for their own personal property and the property of those persons under their care or supervision whilst on the Premises. Due to operational requirements, restrictions on large bags, suitcases, heavy items and backpacks apply and these may only be allowed on board with the approval of Management.
－General Admission Tickets are not valid for Arthurs Seat Eagle Special Events or Private Functions.
● Operating hours may change due to maintenance, improvements or safety reasons. Please always check with the Service Provider visit their official website for updated information regarding scheduled maintenance and closures before purchasing, and when closer to travel date to plan your visit.
Arthurs Seat Eagle－One Way Ticket
ARTHURS SEAT NATURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Local Wildlife
The Arthurs Seat Eagle Aerial Gondola is located in Arthurs Seat State Park which is home to a diverse range of native animals including kangaroos, koalas, the Southern Brown Bandicoot, Tree Goanna, Southern Emu Wren, Lewin's Rail, Powerful Owl and, of course, our namesake the Wedge-tailed Eagle.
There are many rare and uncommon plant species including the threatened Purple Eyebright. Keep eyes bright and may spot it while visiting.
- Walking Tracks
There is a network of walking tracks throughout Arthurs Seat State Park that provide the opportunity to get up close to nature, stock up on fresh air and get some exercise.
Things to see and do
Arthurs Seat State Park offers a wide variety of recreational activities which include walking, jogging, photography, nature study, picnicking and mountain biking. The park's most popular attraction is Arthurs Seat summit, where visitors can take in the stunning views while enjoying a picnic or barbecue. Take the pleasant circuit walk to Kings Falls or visit the delightful Seawinds Garden, featuring indigenous and exotic formal gardens, along with sculptures by William Ricketts. There are many other walking tracks across the park that provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the park and appreciate its wide variety of flora and fauna.
Arthurs Seat Eagle is an aerial gondola system, which is supported and propelled by cables from above. It consists of a loop of steel cable that is strung between two stations, over 11 supporting towers. The cable is driven by a bullwheel (a large pulley) at the base and summit stations, connected to an electric motor.
The flight carries passengers between the Base Station in Dromana to the summit of Arthurs Seat, passing high over the beautiful Arthurs Seat State Park. The lift has the ability to travel at a maximum speed of 3m/s (10.8kph) but we generally run it at 1.5m/s (5.4kph) so guests can enjoy the view.
The Eagle is all inclusive and caters to the disabled, elderly, frail and toddlers. It is wheelchair and pram friendly. A combination of enclosed and open cabins provides an all-weather experience for passengers.
- The Eagle has 34 gondolas
- Each gondola can hold eight guests.
- The summit is 314 metres high
- The flight takes approximately 13-15 minutes each way
- There is 120t of steel in the towers
- Each gondola weighs 785 kgs
- Over 2km of steel cable is used overhead to transport the gondolas up and down the slope
- The gondolas were manufactured in Switzerland
- The tallest tower is 'Number 9' - it's 22 metres from the ground to rope level
- Seawinds Gardens is an easy two minute walk away
- Lookouts are located across the road from the Summit Station and in Seawinds Gardens
- The gondolas can accommodate prams and wheelchairs
- Toilet facilities, including accessible toilets, are at both stations
- Kangaroos are frequently spotted in the area
- The Eagle can operate in most weather conditions with the exceptions of strong gale force winds and lightning
Arthurs Seat Eagle is an aerial gondola system, which is supported and propelled by cables from above.
With uninterrupted views, framed by swaying Manna Gums, grazing kangaroos and the trace of distant coastlines, immersed in a truly majestic Australian landscape.
The flight carries passengers between the Base Station in Dromana to the summit of Arthurs Seat, passing high over the beautiful Arthurs Seat State Park.
The lift has the ability to travel at a maximum speed of 3m/s (10.8kph) but we generally run it at 1.5m/s (5.4kph) so guests can enjoy the view.
● If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.