- Musical at Capitol Theatre - Cinderella Premium Reserve
Musical at Capitol Theatre - Cinderella Premium Reserve
Cinderella - Musical at Capitol Theatre (16Nov-19Dec 2021)
- approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes (including one 20 minute intermission)
- Free Cancellation prior to 14 days of travel date
- Instant Confirm
- Best available seat(s) at Premium Reserve
1 Key Facts
- Best available seat(s) at Premium Reserve
- 1. Transport from/to selected hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||Performance venue: Capitol Theatre (Address: 13 Campbell Street, Haymarket NSW 2000 Australia)
Performance running time: approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, including one 20 minute intermission) (duration is a guide only and may be subject to change.)
Performance runs: 16 November to 19 December 2021
Performance starting time: 13:00/14:00/18:00/ 19:00/ 19:30 (performance starting time depends on performance date)
|Address||Capitol Theatre, 13 Campbell St, Haymarket NSW 2000|
|How to get there||Capitol Theatre is located in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket and is easily accessible via public transport, taxi or car with ample parking nearby.
● By Car
It is suggested parking at Market City Car Park or Goulburn Street Parking Station. The Capitol Square car park next door to the theatre has limited allocation and often reaches capacity.
- Market City Car Park (Address: 2 Quay St, Sydney NSW 2000)
- Goulburn Street Car Park (Address: 101 Goulburn Street, Sydney. Enter via Goulburn Street)
- Parking fees apply
● By Public Transport
The closest Train Station is Central Station
The closest Light Rail Stop is Capitol Square
The closest Bus Stop is Pitt St near Campbell St / Hay St near Pitt St / Pitt St near Eddy Avenue
Please check the Transport NSW timetables (https://transportnsw.info/) for more details to plan your trip.
|Check-in requirements||● Tickets will be available for collection from the Box Office at Capitol Theatre two hours before the performance.
● Please bring and present a photo ID bearing the name used for booking to collect your tickets at the box office.
● Please arrive at least 30 minutes or earlier before the performance starts. Ushers will close the doors at show time and may not allow latecomers in until there is a suitable pause in the performance. And it cannot be refunded or transferred.
● If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in.
|What to bring/wear||● While it is fun to dress up for the opera, but smart casual is fine. An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theatre.
● Unfortunately at this time it is not safe to offer cloakroom services. Therefore please only bring handbags and satchels that are smaller than an A4 piece of paper to the theatre. Due to security requirements, you will be asked to show the contents of your bags to theatre staff.
|Other info||● Latecomers
Live theatre has a 'lock-out' policy: a period after the curtain goes up when late-comers are not permitted to enter the auditorium. Lock-out periods are set by the production and vary from show to show. Patrons arriving late will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Ticket refunds or exchanges are not available on the basis of late arrival. It is strongly recommended that you plan the journey to ensure you arrive at the venue well in advance of the scheduled performance commencement.
● Theatre Etiquette Tips
- No filming or photography (with or without flash) is allowed during the performance. You are encouraged to snap a special memory from your visit inside our auditorium before the show, at interval or once the show has finished. Some productions will notify you if photography is permitted during the curtain call.
- No mobile phone use during the performance as it is highly disruptive to patrons in the seats all around you and performers. This includes; texting, checking emails, using your phone torch, playing games or checking the time. If you have an urgent situation and need to use your mobile phone, please step out into the foyer for a moment to do so.
- No talking or singing during the show. We understand it is tempting to talk about something that is happening on stage with your guest however talking during the performance is disruptive to other guests and performers. You can't sing along either, leave that to the professionals and save your performance for the trip home.
- Entering and exiting the theatre during the show should be kept to a minimum. If you do need to exit or enter the auditorium, please do so at the end of a song when the audience is applauding, or when directed by an usher. When you return, follow the instructions of the staff who will get you back to your seat safely and with minimum disruption.
- No hats should be worn during the performance as they can cause an obstruction to the person sitting being you. If your view is obstructed by the person in front of you, see one of our ushers immediately and they will assist where possible.
- Be aware of the personal space of those patrons sitting either side of you. Try and stay within the boundaries of your seat and do not take up both arm rests. Where possible try not to fidget and keep your feet on the floor.
- Rustling of food and drink packaging can be very disruptive to those around you. Please unwrap your food prior to the performance and take care when holding lolly or ice cream packaging to not create too much noise.
- Listen to staffs. You may be asked to leave the theatre if you or someone in your group is disruptive and does not comply with the instructions from the Patron Services team. Our role is to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for all the patrons that are watching the show.
- No hot food, hot drinks, takeaway food or glass is allowed in the auditorium. The theatre auditorium is not a place to eat whole lunches or dinners. We do understand that you might want to enjoy snacks while watching the show. There are bars in the theatre that provide a wide range of refreshments suitable for the auditorium. The ice-cream vendor will usually come into the auditorium during interval. It also allow you to bring your own pre-purchased snacks (lollies, chips, biscuits), soft drinks or refillable water bottles (not glass) to the theatre with you.
● Children Policy
All attendees, regardless of age, must hold a valid ticket to be admitted to the auditorium. Restless babies and children are not uncommon during a 3-hour production. If you find your child has become vocal or too restless to stay in their seat, please step outside into the foyer and you will be able to watch and listen to a live feed of the show until your child is settled enough to return to the auditorium. Please check the age recommendation for the show prior to purchasing your tickets as some shows are not suitable for younger children.
It is not recommended for children under 8 years old. Persons aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
For the safety and security of all patrons, prams cannot be taken into the auditorium. Aisles, stairways and stairwells must be kept clear at all times.
*For the latest updates during the post-Covid period, please refer to
Musical at Capitol Theatre - Cinderella
This lush production features incredible orchestrations, jaw-dropping transformations and all the moments you love - the pumpkin, the glass slipper, the masked ball and more - plus some surprising new twists!
Be transported as you rediscover some of Rodgers and Hammerstein's most beloved songs, including 'In My Own Little Corner', 'Impossible/It's Possible' and 'Ten Minutes Ago' in this hilarious and romantic experience for anyone who's ever had a dream.
● If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
● If you cancel between 0 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
● If no show, no refund.