- Sydney Opera House Backstage Tour
1 Key Facts
- 1. Small-group backstage tour
- 2. Breakfast
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
|Depature point||● Departs: daily*, all year round
* Tour does not run on NSW Public Holidays and Peak Season
* Please refer to the 'Operating Hours' for details
● Meeting Point: Sydney Opera House Stage Door (Address: Ground Level, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000)
● Departure Time^: 07:00
^ Departure times are reference only and subject to availability.
● Tour concludes approximately 09:30
|Address||Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia|
|How to get there||● By Public Transport -
You can catch public transport (bus, train, ferry) to Circular Quay and enjoy a 6 min walk to the Opera House.
● By Car -
There is an onsite public car park available at Sydney Opera House. This car park is charged by the hour.
|Check-in requirements||Please ensure you arrive at the Stage Door 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time to check in. Regrettably, failure to arrive before this time will most likely be classified as no-show and result in forfeiting the booking and it cannot be refunded or transferred.
If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in
|What to bring/wear||● Wear flat, enclosed, rubber-soled shoes
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||● This tour is small group, maximum of 12pax.
● For safety reasons, children under the age of 10 are not able to take part in the Backstage Tour.
● For safety, flat, enclosed, rubber-soled shoes must be worn on this tour or patrons may be refused entry on the tour.
● This tour is not wheelchair/pram accessible as this is a walking tour with 300+ steps.
● Opera House stages lots of live performances, so venues are subject to availability at the time of the tour.
● Opera House can't store suitcases or large bags. Bags larger than A4 size will need to be cloaked before can go on the tour.
● Videoing is not allowed.
● There are plenty of photo opportunities - tour guide will advise you if photos are not to be taken at any point.
● Mobile phones are permitted on the tour however please ensure they are switched off or on silent for the duration of the tour.
Sydney Opera House Backstage Tour
Sydney Opera House－an iconic landmark
The Sydney Opera House is one of the world's most recognisable landmarks and this is your chance to truly get up-close. Run your hands over the world-famous shell tiles, take a seat in the elegant custom-made white birch timber chairs and marvel at the vaulted ceilings. Visit areas off-limits to the public and capture photographs from rare vantage points. Explore theatres and foyers where more than 1600 concerts, operas, dramas and ballets take place each year.
The Backstage Tour
The Opening Act－start the day like a VIP. Meet at Stage Door for this backstage experience, and join an intimate group to begin the exploration. Get ready to see first-hand what it's like inside the orchestra pit, explore inside a dressing room and hear insider stories and secrets from the tour guide along the way.
The Real Story－as Much Drama Back-stage as On-stage. Relish the opportunity to get a glimpse into the demanding, passionate, dramatic (and sometimes scandalous) world of our performers－as guides impart the stories and insider secrets of what really happens behind the curtain.
A Grand Finale－the Inner-Workings of a Living House. From pulleys to props, sequins to sound-checks, take guests through nooks and crannies not known to the public. Discover what makes the Sydney Opera House both a world-renown icon and a world-class performance venue. Complete the experience with a delicious, hot breakfast in the Green Room－the exclusive domain of crew and performers.
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.