- Cairns Aquarium and Reef Research Centre: General Admission＋Lunch Combo
1 Key Facts
- 1. All day admission to Cairns Aquarium
- 2. Two (2) courses lunch
- 1. Transport from/to hotels
- 2. Food & beverages not listed as Inclusions
- 3. Souvenirs
- 4. Travel Insurance
- 5. Any optional extra items (including but not limited to rides / shows / encounters / experiences / photo packages) that are not included in the standard admission. All optional extra items are at own expense.
|Address||5 Florence Street, Cairns QLD 4870|
|How to get there||● By Walk
Cairns Aquarium is within easy walking distance of most accommodation. It is one block from The Esplanade, two blocks from the Lagoon Pool and an easy 5 mins walk from the Cruise Terminal.
● By Car
The Cairns Aquarium is easily accessible by car however there is no onsite parking. Car parking is available in the surrounding streets, also hourly and daily fees may apply for metered parking.
● By Public Transport
－There are bus services on Lake and Abbott Street, right outside the Aquarium. The Cairns Aquarium is conveniently located in the heart of Cairns, next to Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort and opposite DoubleTree by Hilton.
－Please check the Transport QLD timetables (https://translink.com.au/) for more details to plan your trip.
|Check-in requirements||If you are not familiar with the area or travelling on a weekend or local public holidays / school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra travelling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check in.|
|What to bring/wear||● Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. jacket for cooler months.
● Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
● Protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
● Water bottle, Snacks
● Umbrella / raincoat if rains
● Money / credit card for optional purchases
|Other info||【Important Post-Covid Service Information】
- The educational talks & presentations are temporarily unavailable.
● Two (2) courses lunch includes:
－choice of one (1) main
－choice of one (1) dessert or choice of one (1) drink
● Child age: 3-14 years
● Children under 3 years of age are admitted free to Cairns Aquarium and therefore do not require an entry ticket.
● Children aged 14 years and under must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult aged 18 years or over.
● Visitors are expected to behave in an appropriate, respectful and positive manner when interacting with other guests, Service Provider's staff and animals.
● Unruly or unsafe behaviour that endangers people or animals, disrupts other guests' ability to enjoy their visit, or interferes with business operations will not be tolerated and can result in ejection without a refund.
● Service Provider requires all guests to wear shirts and shoes during their visit and reserves the right to deny entry and eject any individual without liability from the aquarium and aquarium property.
● When deemed necessary, all bags, backpacks, and packages may be inspected prior to entering the Aquarium. Service Provider retains the right at all times to refuse admissions or request visitors to leave if they are in violation of Service Provider's policies.
● As per the Queensland Smoking Regulation by-law, smoking (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited anywhere on Aquarium property, including outdoor areas unless signed as a designated smoking area.
【Accredited Service Animals & Pets】
● For the safety of guest's pet and Service Provider's animals, pets are not allowed in Service Provider's facility.
● For the safety of all visitors, Service Provider request that pets not be left unattended at any time outside Service Provider's facility.
● Service Provider allow accredited trained service and emotional support animals within the Aquarium upon presentation of proper documentation and an identification jacket for the service animal.
● For the health and safety of guests and Service Provider's animals the following items are not permitted to be:
－Clothing with offensive or vulgar language
－Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, recreational drugs
－Roller blades, roller skates, wheelies, skateboards, child scooters, hover boards (These items may be left with admission staff and collected upon exiting)
－Laser pens and pointers
－Noise making devices
－Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by Service Provider's staff
● Plastic bottles, straws and lids can fall into animal habitats and this can be very dangerous to the animals. While these items are not prohibited Service Provider do ask that guests take care and dispose of these items responsibly in the garbage receptacles provided.
● Balloons and bubbles can also pose a risk to animal health so these can be left at the admissions desk and collected after visit. Bubbles are also not permitted within the Aquarium as the detergent used in bubbles can pose a risk to animal health.
【Cairns Aquarium and Reef Research Centre】General Admission＋Lunch Combo
Experience Something Amazing
Every day at Cairns Aquarium visitors are provided with guaranteed interaction with some of the rarest and most elusive animals on earth. The incredible biodiversity of the two adjoining World Heritage listed areas, The Wet Tropics and The Great Barrier Reef provides the cast for a show stopping spectacle of colour, shape and movement that you will never see in another single location anywhere else in the world. 16,000 animals from 10 different ecosystems and 71 habitats across Tropical North Queensland are less than a hand span away and their ever-changing activities and behaviours will keep you mesmerised every time you visit.
Shows and Talks
Enjoy daily talks and presentations provided by the very knowledgeable and entertaining AquaNuts - they are called that because they are crazy about all things aquatic and when you meet them you'll see and hear that for yourselves!
*Shows and Talks listed here are reference only and subject to change without notice
|Time||Shows and Talks||Location|
|09:30||Flooded Billabong River Monsters||River Monsters Amphitheatre (Ground Floor)|
|10:00||Terrestrial Encounter Touch and Talk||Wet Tropics Rainforest Zone (Level 1)|
|10:30||Ribbon Reef Denizens of the Deep||Deep Reef Amphitheatre (Level 1)|
|11:00||Coral Sea Life of Sharks and Rays||Oceanarium (Ground Floor)|
|11:30||Open Ocean Curious & Coloured||Coral Sea Amphitheatre (Ground Floor)|
|13:00||Flooded Billabong River Monsters||River Monsters Amphitheatre (Ground Floor)|
|13:30||Terrestrial Encounter Touch and Talk||Wet Tropics Rainforest Zone (Level 1)|
|14:00||Ribbon Reef Denizens of the Deep||Deep Reef Amphitheatre (Level 1)|
|14:30||Marine Encounter Touch and Talk||Marine Touch Pools (Level 1)|
|15:00||Coral Sea Life of Sharks and Rays||Oceanarium (Ground Floor)|
|16:00||Open Ocean Curious & Coloured||Coral Sea Amphitheatre (Level 1)
Two courses Lunch Menu－ADULT'S
*This menu may be subject to some changes without notice.
- Chilli calamari (GF)
- Crocodile spring rolls
- Barramundi mini tacos
- Pork belly sliders
- Roast pumpkin penne pasta
- Steak burger (*additional fee apply)
- Mango sorbet
- Marshmallow pavlova
- Rich chocolate mud cake
Two courses Lunch Menu－CHILDREN'S
*This menu may be subject to some changes without notice.
- Calamari and chips
- Creamy bacon & mushroom pasta
- Dundee's chicken and chips
- Steak and chips
- Fish and chips
- Vanilla ice-cream with chocolate topping and sprinkles
- Soft drink
● If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. ● If you cancel between 0 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. ● If no show, no refund.